Menu
Rob2003
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Final bill credit taken as a payment

I have cancelled my Virgin Media account. I was e mailed a bill that showed that I would be credited £138 for monies paid in advance. In fact £138 was taken off my bank account. Will this be paid back with the credit already owed to me? Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
Rob2003
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Final bill credit taken as a payment

Update. Having spoken now to an advisor. It appears that according to him Virgin apparently do not charge in advance. This despite my second last bill on the 17th October giving billing period 15th October -14 November. My next bill taken on the15th November shows billing period 19th October-14th December. My package with Virgin finished on the 2nd November. The advisor informed me that despite the bill stating credits for services removed, that these were not really credits at all. I am now completely baffled. As my package finished on 2nd November I realise now that I should have cancelled the direct debit. This is a warning to anyone who is considering leaving this money grabbing company. 

0 Kudos
Rob2003
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Update. After being passed about for 2 days without success, I eventually have the problem sorted. After being told on the phone that my last bill was correct even though it ran through until 14th December and even being e mailed a copy of the bill, I have had the problem solved. After a online chat The advisor told me that, yes, my account had been cancelled from 2nd  November but for some reason it was showing up as still being active. He called me back on my mobile and passed me on to a guy named Paul who sorted the problem in 5 minutes. He told me the girls name who had taken my cancellation call on the 3rd October and said my account had been cancelled on the 2nd November. For some reason he said it was still being shown as active on the billing system. He backdated the cancellation to the  2nd and informed me that I was due a rebate of  £127. I assume that all advisors have access to the same details so I will have to put the problem down to Virgin staff that are not really interested in checking details.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob2003

Thanks for joining us on the forums and welcome to the community. I appreciate you getting in touch about the final bill.

I'm glad to has this has been sorted for you and understand that this has been an issue that has taken a while to sort out. I am sorry that this was the case Smiley Sad

If you could let me know if there is anything else we can support you with then I'll be happy to help out.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos