Menu
ASDonya
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Final Bill Issue / Cancellation

I have been having an issue with customer service for sometime now and I have complained about this a number of times but unfortunately my requests were completely ignored. Since customer service line and chat do not resolve the matter, I am resorting to putting this in writing. 

When I first renewed my contract over the phone with one of your agents (Ashley was his name I think) back in Nov 2016, I specifically asked if I move out of the UK, if my residency does not get renewed, during your contract term will there be any penalty charges? The clear answer was no! 

Accordingly, I renewed the contract in November 2016. Later on, I was unable to stay in the UK and requested to have my account closed on 23 January 2017 and final bill sent. To my surprise, I was informed that I will be charged a penalty fee for the remaining amount of the contract (GBP240) for exactly what I was informed that I won't pay for. Which is why I renewed my contract in the first place. I requested an investigation to refer to my call with your agent for verification. I was spoken to rudely and staff hung up (by Aiden). I raised a complaint about her and have not received a response to date. I chatted to Ramzi from your leaving team as well who advised that he will get back to me, that did not happen. 

Finally, I had a call with Claudia on 03 January 2017 who was a lot more understanding and professional. She took down my complaint and said that she will follow up with an email for reference and request an investigation regarding my case. She also failed to get back to me regarding this or even send me an email referring to our conversation and complaint.

As I informed your staff that I am leaving the UK in January 2017, I am not longer able to call. I finally saw the bill on my account with an unacceptable penalty fee for the remaining contract term. Since I was informed upon renewal that there will be no penalty fees if I leave the UK altogether (not moved houses) this should not be paid.

After speaking to so many people, no one seems to want to resolve this issue or even attempt to investigate the matter. This is really unacceptable! Who do I speak with and please don't tell me to call customer service because I won't bare the long distance call charges which last for 45mins on average. 

Thanks 
*********** / 14
[MOD EDIT: For your security personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Final Bill Issue / Cancellation

you can wait here for an answer - it takes VM about a week to get to threads - misinformation seems to be the order here - afaik the original quote that you would not have a cancellation charge if you had to leave the UK within contract is untrue - a lie or simply that the agent got it wrong matters not - i think you can demand the transcript or recording of that conversation if it exists - similar requests have met with little help for the reason/excuse the recording is lost - was not made or is not available

you can complain in writing - what that will do is anyones guess - it may get a response or not - again posts on here have shown mixed results 

Tony
0 Kudos
ASDonya
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Final Bill Issue / Cancellation

Thanks Tony, VM doesn't provide an email address or a means to write to them. They only provide chat / call which were both useless so far.. I ended up sending an email to the sales team who send regular offers as it's the only one I could find:

theteam@mailing.virginmedia.com
0 Kudos