Menu
Omesh
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

False contract sold

Hi

I am extremely disappointed with Virgin. I was sold virgin Big Easy package by a virgin salesman at Woolwich for 27.99. The pre-contract agreement was done and I was happy with the offer and paid my 10 pound deposit.  The salesman promised that installation charge won't apply as well. So my monthly cost was agreed for 27.99. However, my first bill was 74.97(29.99 two months bill and 14.99 installation charge). I went to the woolwich booth and spoke to the salesman who made few calls and assured that new bill will come shortly. The new bill never came. I called virgin customer service repetitively explaining my concern to every single person that I get transferred to. It was a nightmare. Virgin didnot even reduce the 10 pound deposit I paid upfront. I had to call for this as well. My package cost has not been settled yet. I have paid 74.97 on October. Now my November bill is 21.00( it's actually 31 but am getting my 10 pound deposit back). Now how come it is 31 from November. I had a chat with one of the customer service personnel and he says the price has increased. My package cost is actually 28.50 and from November it is increasing to 31. I don't understand, if my package cost is 28.50 why did they charge me 29.99 at first. Also, don't virgin have to inform their customers first before increasing the price. I have not receive any email or letter from virgin. When I spoke to the woolwich salesman he said I will receive an updated bill by post but it's been 2 months and I have not received no letter as such. I am utterly disappointed with virgin. They need to understand customers have work to do and they cannot keep calling them for sorting out their bills. I have spend around 3 hours already discussing my concerns with virgin customer service in total. As a customer, I just need a straight answer. Please don't keep customers unknown to what they have to pay. Utterly disappointed. I have been with sky for past 5 years and I must say they are very good. I regret coming with virgin. Also, the salesman kept me wondering for 14 days that my cutoff period got over and I could not cancel the account. Could someone from virgin attend to this and sort out my cost. I don't want to spend any more time on sorting out my bills. I want a bill every month that don't keep increasing. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: False contract sold

Hi Omesh

Welcome to the community and thanks for contacting us about the billing issues. I am sorry to hear that this has been a concern and that we have caused you any inconvenience.

We are unable to resolve billing issues via the forums as these forums are public and we need to do this securely. You can however either contact the teams via Webchat or call the care teams via 150 or 0345 454 1111.

If you could get in touch with them, that would be great.

Please keep us posted on how you get on when you get in touch with them.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos