Menu
BillCroach
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Failed Install

Hi How frustrating are Virgin as a new customer I had install schedule for 20th January took day off to be with them. they were advise the cable from road to house was not installed and would require a new cable. this was advise at time of placing order and confirmed when appointment was booked.

I now have no television no phone no broadband because I need and install team, I have asked to escalate the install as the date they have give is 3 weeks hence. I don't seem to be allowed to talk to customer services and have to deal with the install team. When I do they are reading from script and refuse to do anything about it based on no one has changed the date. the refused to allow me to talk to the floor supervisor and would not give the customer service in the UK number

I am disgusted at this sort of customer services that it seem to be ok that we have no services for 3 weeks. I have asked them to escalate the call and been told I have to wait 48 hours.

I waited and called and still we are no further forward, if I could have sworn I would but that will get me  nowhere this is just bad customer services and needs something done, having call centres is one thing but when you get a scripted or bland answer they don't seem to understand the frustration. if I have another person say they are sorry when you know it is meaningless then I will explode

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failed Install

Hi BillCroach

I appreciate you taking the time to join us on the forums and thanks for posting about the installation delay. I am sorry to hear that despite the advance warning when you contacted the teams that we had not picked up on the cabling issues for you Smiley Sad

I understand you have called in a number of times to look at an earlier installation date and my apologies that we do not have the availability to support you with this.

I have just run a quick check to find out what this is like in your region now and we're looking at mid-March for the next new Sales bookings now so it is very busy in your area for bookings.

Your current installation date is well before this as I know you are aware.

I do apologise that we are unable to pull this forwards any earlier for you. If there was any availability to do so one of us would have done this for you but we honestly have no option to reschedule this for you or this would have been done already.

Please keep us posted if there is anything else you need from us.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
BillCroach
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response

it make no sense that your success in the area is hampering installation.

if your business plan is to annoy new customers rather than increase the number of installation engineers in a successful area.

even pulling them from other area to increase capacity

far from me telling you how to run a business

your success will be your own failure if you don't do something. people will only take it so long before going to Sky or BT

This is poor planning on Virgins behalf or is the business policy win some loss some

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

BillCroach wrote:

Thank you for your response

it make no sense that your success in the area is hampering installation.

if your business plan is to annoy new customers rather than increase the number of installation engineers in a successful area.

even pulling them from other area to increase capacity

far from me telling you how to run a business

your success will be your own failure if you don't do something. people will only take it so long before going to Sky or BT

This is poor planning on Virgins behalf or is the business policy win some loss some

Most of these problems are being caused by the vast amount of expansion going on with VM at the moment. There are already many redeployed teams working in other areas from what I hear. It always seems the case with businesses now that they will not expand the workforce until they are swamped with issues. This is only likely to get worse with the current situation at Sky causing disgruntled customers to look elsewhere for a TV supplier.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
BillCroach
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

really

what is the definition of swamped/issues

you already cant install till April and push all p-off people back to your install teams who are based in India and read from a script have no imitative and no power to do anything good luck with that should make good reading in the national papers when it gets there

not really the big business response you would expect

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm not part of the business. Look at my signature.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
BillCroach
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry if you got caught in the crossfire

I will check signature in future

J3nbob
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Was the issue resolved? We've been waiting 6 weeks now and 3 install attempts. We're still without broadband, TV or phone, and now been given a fourth date for the beginning of May but had enough of useless customer service and empty promises
0 Kudos
BillCroach
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

yes but it was along process of pain Virgin do not listen and the engineers don't report back fully - we still have issues with pixilation and problems with high frequency channels but all works to 95% most of the time - I had to write a letter of complaint to get a reasonable response  it is worth making your complaint official.

0 Kudos