Menu
mac29768
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

FREE NETFLIX

Hi

after i renewed my subscripton with virgin as i have been with them for 7 years my equipment was old the offered me 6 monthsd free netflix iv never recieved my email with a code i have phoned twice with no joy can i cancel my direct debit and cancel my packagae as they have not kept up their side of the bargain. my phones due for new contract in jan too but are unwilling to give me a decent phone or contract and want a credit check ? iv nvr missed a payment

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: FREE NETFLIX

Unfortunately as is often the case in these things, they have your contract sewn up fairly tight. So no, the non appearance of a Netflix code does not put you in a position to unilaterally cancel your contract.

Engage with them, point out you have not got what they promised you and you will usually get a decent result after a bit of chasing.

As for the need for a credit check for a new contract, that's a change in the regs, nothing to do with VM. They have been told by the government that the handset part of the agreement qualifies as a loan under the CCA  (it was always just part of your contract) so now HAVE to run a credit check. Its not personal.

0 Kudos