Menu
Padazun
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Extremely Slow internet speeds

Hi, I've been getting extremely slow internet speeds for a while now (just did a speed test on my wired ethernet PC and it pulled 0.45mbps download and 0.78mbps upload). As well as that the ping spikes latencies of 1/2000+ regularly.

We had an engineer come out a while ago and he did a speed test right next to the SuperHub and got 80mbps; said it must be electrical interference in the walls as my PC is upstairs. Since then I have purchased a CAT7 gold plated ethernet to help eliminate outside interference and the internet is still almost unusable. The figures I've posted are consistent whilst just using my PC and if i try to do 2 things at the same, whether that be games, Netflix, watch a Youtube video or download music, everything comes to an abrupt halt connection-wise.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Extremely Slow internet speeds

Hi Padazun,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting poor speeds. I've just checked your connection and can see there is a contention fault in the area under ticket F004389373. This will cause slow speeds at peak times such as evenings and weekends and is due for review 05/04/17. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Extremely Slow internet speeds

Hi Padazun,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting poor speeds. I've just checked your connection and can see there is a contention fault in the area under ticket F004389373. This will cause slow speeds at peak times such as evenings and weekends and is due for review 05/04/17. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos