Menu
liamk123
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Extremely Long Wait for Install (10 Weeks +)

Hi All,

As a virgin customer of 7-8 years, this is the first time I've used the forums. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I moved house on the 19th of September, and pre-arranged for Virgin to come round and install services at my new house (I previously had virigin at my old address). On the day the Engineer informs me he can't install as they can't connect the house to the box at the end of the street (He said they needed to get a cable team our something to that order). I then find out it's going to take them 6-8 weeks to resolve this (it needed permission from the council to work on the road apparently). I was a bit miffed at this, but thought 'fair enough these things happen' although why someone couldn't have checked the connection off the property before hand is beyond me considering I gave them three weeks notice of moving.

Anyway 8 weeks roll by, and I hear nothing, then I get a phone call saying the issue on the street has been fixed, but that I would need to wait another 2 weeks to get the engineer. I'm getting a bit more peeved at this point as I'm wondering why they couldn't have pre-booked the engineer to come round at the end of the 8 week period (making my total waiting time 10 WEEKS).

The engineer was supposed to be coming round tomorrow to install but I get a missed call and text from virgin saying the installation has been placed on hold as they are trying to fix issues which are preventing the installation, and that they will update me (they didn't really do a good job of keeping me updated in the initial 6-8 week period as I didn't hear from them until after I phoned up to inquire about progress).

I am currently trying to call virgin back to see what's going on and I have been on hold for 45 MINUTES now.

Basically if the Engineer doesn't show tomorrow, I was wondering if there is any way of getting out the virgin contract (since they have failed to provide any service for 10 weeks +), without having to pay the remainder of the contract term?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.

Liam

0 Kudos
liamk123
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely Long Wait for Install (10 Weeks +)

Oh, and Virgin just hung up on me after I was on hold for an hour. 

Thanks for ruining my evening Virgin.

0 Kudos
liamk123
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just an update on this issue for anyone else that finds themselves in the same situation.

I was actually on hold for a full hour yesterday evening, after which virgin disconnected the call.

I phone up this morning and I'm informed that the work that was originally scheduled for the 6-8 week period (and that I'd been told had been completed) hasn't even started yet. They said they would phone back in 48 hours with an update on when this was going to be completed. I told them not to bother.

What I did find out is that if Virgin haven't installed the connection yet then apparently you're not in a contract with them, so it was a fairly straightforward process of leaving.

Sky Broadband here I come.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi liamk123, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here even if your journey of moving has been less that perfect Smiley Sad

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

With regards to leaving us, your new contract won't start until you are installed but if you were still in contract at your old address then there would be early termination fees for that account. It's worth giving us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 to check if this is the case. 

Have you had any updates since you last posted here?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos