Menu
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 1 of 45
Flag for a moderator

External Box is Broken

I finally manage to speak to a human being about the broken box on the front of my house. It was actually damaged some years ago when VM pulled a new cable through and broke the side of the box to allow for the new larger cable.

As a result of the damage done then the box has now finally given way and no longer protects the connection from the weather - and it looks unsightly. However, VM don't repair these (even if they broke them originally) unless the service is in some way affected.

So I'm stuck with an ugly broken box on the front of the house for all to see. I suppose that is what VM call service.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Re: External Box is Broken

Don't see why they can't do this. It's a 5 minute job & doesn't even require internal access. Perhaps the Forum Team can arrange something.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 3 of 45
Flag for a moderator

I agree - and I've written to complaints to remind them how much I pay monthly!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Hi brightonjohn,

I have sent you a PM to arrange for someone to come out and take a look at this for you.

Although it may not be service affecting at the moment, undoubtedly if left it will cause issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 5 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Well done Virgin. Engineer has now visited and restrapped the cables and the box ready for the winter. He was running a little late BUT phoned me within the time slot to make sure that this was OK. In fact the job was completed by 12.12 and the time slot was 8.00 to 12.00 - so I reckon that is pretty good going as well.

And thank you too to Kath_F for getting this sorted for me.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brightonjohn,

Glad they managed to get everything all secured and squared away. Let us know if you get any more issues

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Lubzee
Joining in
Message 7 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Hi Support,

I have a similar issue, my cabling and wires on the external part of the house are all exposed to the elements with no box.  I can see two spliced copper wires separately, and two free hanging wires.

Is this something you can help with?

Thanks

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Engineer visit

Either phone support, or wait for a mod to respond here - which could be a few days
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Lubzee
Joining in
Message 9 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Ahh ok. Thanks. I got a reference but it was for "external cabinets and cable shielding/trunking". Nothing specific about external boxes, so lets see. Got a reference from a number "VMCabs", lets see what happens.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Hello Lubzee

Thanks for letting us know about the damage. 

I think it's best to get an engineer around to take a look, I will send you a private message to arrange an appointment should you wish.

Speak soon

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos