Menu
rjoggy
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Existing customers pay more

I have just spoken with a customer adviser to see if they can do me a new deal, as I have noticed that all the packages have changed. I was offered a new deal but this would cost me £2.00 more than what the internet stated, when I queried this I was told that is for new customers only.

What a complete rip off, there is no customer loyalty with Virgin Media, so I have written off to the complaints department, will just have to see what they come back with.

I have been a loyal customer now for 2 years, and this is all I get, not happy with VM at the moment, and will be looking to take my custom elsewhere if they cannot help!

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Existing customers pay more

rjoggy wrote:

I have just spoken with a customer adviser to see if they can do me a new deal, as I have noticed that all the packages have changed. I was offered a new deal but this would cost me £2.00 more than what the internet stated, when I queried this I was told that is for new customers only.

What a complete rip off, there is no customer loyalty with Virgin Media, so I have written off to the complaints department, will just have to see what they come back with.

I have been a loyal customer now for 2 years, and this is all I get, not happy with VM at the moment, and will be looking to take my custom elsewhere if they cannot help!

You must be new to this whole service provider thing, thats how ever company operates, they offer the good deals to entice people in then give them standard pricing after their initial promotion offer expires, thats just how it works, they just hope that people can't be bothered to switch each year to get the best deal, in my case its because nobody else offers the same speeds here so i'm stuck with VM Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
rjoggy
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I know how it works, but normally they will still try and help. I didn't realize that Virgin Media was this bad.

I am in the same boat regarding speeds, but I am willing to sacrifice a bit of speed for better customer service. 

0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM like any commercial company want to make as much money as possible. They are not charities and only offer deals if, in their judgement, it will increase overall​ profits. These decisions are made on the basis of actual customer behaviour and not any desire to be fair. Not enough new customers, offer better sign up incentives. To many leaving offer better retention deals. As an existing customer I should encourage people to leave so that I increase my chances of a better retention deal at the end of my current contract.
0 Kudos