Menu
jaread83
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Existing customer - moving house but Virgin is not available at new address

Hi,

I am an existing customer with Virginmedia with fiber broadband, TiVo and phone package at my current address. I am moving house in a few months (not sure when exactly as waiting for finalisation dates) to a new address a few miles away. I have been with VM for over 6 years and the only contract I signed was the very first one and I assume it is just a rolling contract? I can't take my service with me as VM is not covered at the new address which is a real shame as I have received a great service for many years without any issues. Will I be charged for cancelling my service? Had a look at the help section but it assumes that VM is covered everywhere with no mention of my situation.

Can anyone advise?

Tags (1)

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Existing customer - moving house but Virgin is not available at new address

In your case its not the length of time you've been with VM, or the fact that there are no services at the address you are moving to. The main factor is if you have RENEWED your contract recently? Have you made any changes to your package (including accepting a loyalty discount) in the last 12 months? If so, you may be liable for EDF's (Early Disconnection Fees)

Best way to check is phone in on 150 and ask them.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In your case its not the length of time you've been with VM, or the fact that there are no services at the address you are moving to. The main factor is if you have RENEWED your contract recently? Have you made any changes to your package (including accepting a loyalty discount) in the last 12 months? If so, you may be liable for EDF's (Early Disconnection Fees)

Best way to check is phone in on 150 and ask them.

jaread83
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I haven't spoken to VM customer services in over a year since asking to add the basic phone package to my account. Hopefully there will not be a EDF put on me! Thank you for your response.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jaread83,

To discuss the specifics of your current contract, it would be advisable to call the team for a chat regarding this on 150 free from any Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 on any other line.  
Alternatively, you can chat to our online team via: [Contact us].

All the best with the move to your new property! Smiley Happy

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
daffymjb
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I.m moving to an address that has no Virgin, contacted virgin media and to my suppress I have to pay the rest of the contract. I think this is outrageous and unfair as it not my fault that they do no supply in that area. I've been a loyal customer since the NTL days and this is how they treat you. I will no longer be with these any more intend to cancel all Virgin Products, and thats a lot of money!

If the services was there I would gladly carry on but as they could not be bothered than its bye bye Virgin!

There all there giving you discounts when you take the product but when it comes to this then its very poor.

Will be send a letter of complaint.

0 Kudos