Menu
Jamie3166
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Eccessive disconnection fee

My final bill after deciding to leave Virgin is over 200 quid. Has anyone had similar.
Throughout my time with Virgin I have had to contact them continuously as the wifi signal within my flat rarely reaches the 1st floor and their prices appear to go up on a regular basis.
I decided to go with a different provider who offer a similar package for almost half the amount Virgin were charging.
I am appauled at having to pay this excessive disconnection fee........
The community thoughts would be appreciated
0 Kudos
weehaggis
Just joined
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Eccessive disconnection fee

What was the charge for as I am about to leave Virgin Media also

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The cancellation fee should cap off at £240. So if you're cancelling early and owe more than £240, you won't be asked to pay more than that back (even if you owe anywhere between £1000~£4000.)

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Addams Family Version-2.jpg
0 Kudos
Jamie3166
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The charge is for the honour of being shafted by Virgin for not providing the services in the first place and then billing you snyway....cos they can....... thats FRAUD every day of the week
0 Kudos
Jamie3166
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am fully aware of the capping process.....i am just very dissapointed after constant phone calls to Virgin about the signal within my home, nothing is done BUT they still charge this extortionate fee for not staying with them.......extremely unhappy and dissapointed Mr Branson
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you can get out of contact anytime if the price increase this is covered in the terms and conditions and don think any ISP would promise/guarantee wifi connectivity due to al the possible factors that can interfere with wifi..
also Richard branson has nothing to do how virignmedia is ran, it was bought a few years 6th feb 2013 ago by liberty global http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21347814
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos