Menu
Bozzy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Early contract temination

Been with Virgin for 10 years now, Tivo when it came out, three boxes, etc, etc....A good customer. I'm bored of being given price increases with 'free' BB speed hikes later, and Tivo is so long in the tooth now, it's embarrassing, especially when you look at Sky Q. So, time to move on with a new deal, new tech and new company. Thing is my forever rolling contract is live till April thanks to getting a new router. Anyone have any ideas how much will it cost to leave?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Early contract temination

You can use this page to calculate what your EDF would amount to, link: http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early-...

If it comes to £240 or above, then you wouldn't pay anymore than £240 to cancel early.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Bozzy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well, that's horrific.

I've been looking at the figures, and one reason I haven't left Virgin in the past is that the BB is way ahead of whatever BT / whoever offers.

It actually doesn't work out any more expensive than what I'm paying to cancel the TV side of the virgin package and restart a BB and phone pack, then have Sky Q installed.

Anyone know if you still have to pay any early termination in this situation?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

the only way to get out of paying the EDF (early disconnect fee) is during a price increase, and this needs to be done within a 30 day period that has now ended.. so you would need to pay monthly fees until April based on the table.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos