Menu
ejm54
Joining in
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Early cancellation fee for moving home.

I gave a months notice to quit my contract which was ending anyway. At first I was told there would be a charge for leaving VM but then told that by giving the months notice I wouldn't be charged; in fact I got a refund of £30 approx.

Good luck. Keep pressing VM until you get a better deal. I used to periodically phone in and threaten to go over to a competitor, and the retention dept. always offered me a discount.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
ejm54
Joining in
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I would feel just as **bleep** off and would refuse to pay. Good luck; it sounds like you are going through a difficult time. Hang in there, it does get easier.Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
JHEdin2018
Just joined
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I am in this same situation. Difficult circumstances have led to our having to relocate outside of the service area, and in that case it seems that the early termination fee policy is unjust and perhaps designed for the protection of the company at the expense of people who have been faithful customers. It adds insult to injury to be charged a fee in this circumstance. Further, I am aware the SKY waives this fee if you relocate outside of their service area.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

This isn’t sky. It’s VM.

Fees are agreed to in the terms and conditions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi JHEdin2018

I appreciate you getting in touch and understand there are many reasons why someone has had to relocate to a new address and not all of them are beacuse a customer wants to Smiley Sad

If you can pop a PM back to me with your details I can check that the correct process has been followed here for you regarding the Early Disconnection Fees

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Poley333
Joining in
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Tried moving my services to my new house after being evicted from my current house to be told they don't cover that house but next door have it, so now GOT to cancel and now want to charge me £180 cancellation fee, it's not me that can't continue the contract I was happy to move the services but is that my fault vm can't supply
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

JHEdin2018 wrote:

Further, I am aware the SKY waives this fee if you relocate outside of their service area.

Shy TV can be gotten anywhere in the UK as can BT. The government makes BT have full coverage as part of the government funding. 

BT also make you have a BT line as part of the service and if the house goes not BT charge you for this.

So Sky have 100% UK coverage. and Sky do not have install fees to recovery over the contract.

0 Kudos
Artmoz
Joining in
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Exactly what I had to experience myself, and I paid even more than that as cancellation fee. I didn't want to leave VIrgin, I had to.

0 Kudos