Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5 (102 Views)

Downgrading broadband package and how?

Hello,

So I received an email today stating that my broadband package is increasing by another £2.99. I believe I'm currently on one of the top packages for broadband speed but at this point the price increases as me considering if it is possible to downgrade to a more affordable package that would still suit my needs. Trouble is I can't seem to find anywhere that informs me of this on the website and doing some Google searches also doesn't give me a clear example how to go about this. I don't really want to leave VM as I'm happy with the service, but the high end package just isn't suitable for me and the price increases are something I can't really afford anymore due to how many there's been in recent years. So how would one I go about potentially downgrading my broadband to a slower package? Is that even a possibility? 

It's all rather confusing. We currently only have broadband with VM so that's the only concern we have but I'd appreciate any advice on what options I have. Also I apologies if I have started this thread in the wrong forum, please move if that is indeed the case. 

Appreciate any advice and thoughts, 
Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 5 (94 Views)

Re: Downgrading broadband package and how?

In correct section to downgrade could speak to customer services or customer relations choosing option 1-4-5 thinking of leaving us
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 3 of 5 (87 Views)

Yes you can downgrade what you have. 50Mb is the slowest speed available.

Ideally call in about it, as you can't downgrade through My VM. That'd be a call to 0345 454 1111 from any other phone -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details when asked for them -> Option 4 -> Option 2. Though I personally recommend Option 4 -> Option 5 instead, as that puts you through to Customer Relations who're UK based and generally more helpful. Do so between 8AM to 10PM M-Su.

Alternatively, ask via the Webchat. Access that page from a laptop/desktop between 8AM to 8PM M-F and 9AM to 5PM Sa: Account and Billing -> My Broadband, TV and Home phone package -> Chat online. When it says all the agents are busy, reload the page ever 1 minute or so repeatedly until you get through to someone.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5 (55 Views)

Thanks for the replies, sorry it took me a little while. 

The information is useful, I'll have to look into it as I have a little time until November's price increase.
Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 5 of 5 (50 Views)

you only have 30 days from being notified. so if you are in contract you need to sort it before the 30 from the date you got the letter.
0 Kudos