Menu
LFPorter
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Downgrading and the website that doesn't allow it.

So I come on to 'manage' my account as I want to downgrade but I see that this isn't possible. I can only manage my account if I'm upgrading. Even the help is no use as it takes you around in circles. I was getting annoyed so decided the easy thing is to leave altogether but, no, I can't do that either, I have to make a phone call either way or more to the point, every way! What's the point of the online service if I can't really manage my account, unless of course I'm spending more money then everything goes. I want to downgrade, how do I do it without making a 2 hour call?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgrading and the website that doesn't allow it.

Many thanks for your post LFPorter and apologies for the bother experienced with trying to complete this action. Smiley Sad

We are unable to deal with this sort of thing via the Forum as billing can be a little too complicated to discuss in writing and this information is also account sensitive, therefore, we would need to ensure that we are indeed speaking with the account holder before making any changes to the customer contract, etc.

It is worth knowing that we also require a 30 day notice in order to downgrade services.

You can certainly discuss this further with our team on 150 free from any Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 on any other line.  

Thanks again,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
LFPorter
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgrading and the website that doesn't allow it.

Thanks for your answer but I wasn't looking to discuss my account details or sensitive information, it was merely a question asking why I can only manage my account online if I'm upgrading but not if I'm downgrading.

As for the 30 day notice, I'm not bound by any contract as I have merely continued beyond my initial 12 month contract. I've been a customer for 17 years so when I decide to leave it will be on my terms only. Virgin were quick to cancel a deal I was given by NTL without any notice whatsoever, it just ended! I'm sure I have the same rights when I want to make a change as technically I've never signed any contract with Virgin.

Since my first post I've made a call and was offered a 'deal' to stay. I had to laugh when he said if anyone is eligible for a deal it should be me. So 17 years a customer and I get offered a deal because I'm leaving. Yes my monthly payment was chopped by a fair amount but here's the problem, so we're my services. How is that a deal? I was told I didn't need the services because I never really took advantage of them. Why wasn't I told this years ago instead of wasting money? I'll be calling tomorrow to cancel my account as I feel no attempt was made to keep me anyway. I see deals all the time for new customers but never anything for long standing loyal customers.

0 Kudos