Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Downgrading Package, Keeping Hardware

Hi All,

We haven't touched our package since setting it up in 2009:

TV - XL

BB - SuperFibre 70

Phone - TalkMore Evening & Weekends

The steady hiking of prices mean that we are now paying £85 a month, which is far too much for what we use.  So, I want to downgrade the TV and phone to minimum, but keep the broadband at at least SuperFibre 70.

Can such a bespoke option be chosen?  The standard bundles knock the broadband back to 50 unless we choose more TV than we want.

Can we keep our old Samsung box?  In my experience the TiVo ones are horrible, slow and user unfriendly hardware.  Also, we have lots of old shows stored on V+ that we don't want to lose.

Finally, if I call up the 'thinking of leaving' line, will I reach offshore customer services?

Thanks,

Stu 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Downgrading Package, Keeping Hardware

StuMoz wrote:

So, I want to downgrade the TV and phone to minimum, but keep the broadband at at least SuperFibre 70.
The 70Mb is a special tier, when you contract you'd lose it

Can such a bespoke option be chosen?  The standard bundles knock the broadband back to 50 unless we choose more TV than we want.
That's because it is a tier that is not on sale, you can only get it through the free speed upgrade (same for Vivid 150.) So when re-contracting a SuperFibre 70 customer has to be moved down to SuperFibre 50 and a Vivid 150 customer has to be moved down to Vivid 100.

Can we keep our old Samsung box?  In my experience the TiVo ones are horrible, slow and user unfriendly hardware.  Also, we have lots of old shows stored on V+ that we don't want to lose.
I don't see why they wouldn't let you do so, but they would try to get you to take a TiVo to which you can decline

Finally, if I call up the 'thinking of leaving' line, will I reach offshore customer services?
It's UK based

Edit: Fixed typos.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

StuMoz wrote:

So, I want to downgrade the TV and phone to minimum, but keep the broadband at at least SuperFibre 70.
The 70Mb is a special tier, when you contract you'd lose it

That's because it is a tier that is not on sale, you can only get it through the free speed upgrade (same for Vivid 150.) So when re-contracting a SuperFibre 70 customer has to be moved down to SuperFibre 50 and a Vivid 150 customer has to be moved down to Vivid 100.

I don't see why they wouldn't let you do so, but they would try to get you to take a TiVo to which you can decline

It's UK based

Edit: Fixed typos.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
StuMoz
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for replying, really helpful info.

Cheers,
Stu
0 Kudos