Menu
Tom1_1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Downgrade to cheaper VM package

I am currently on Super Fibre 70 for my Broadband, but do not need this speed in reality. Is it possible to downgrade to a lower speed that is also cheaper.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Downgrade to cheaper VM package

70Mb is the same broadband tier as 50Mb (though only 50Mb is sold, 70Mb is a special existing customer speed on the same tier.) The free speed upgrade to 70Mb would have carried over your pre-free-speed-upgrade 50Mb price.

Below that, there is a 'retentions only' deal of  20Mb with a 30GB monthly cap, if you want that: ring 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> Option 4 -> Option 5. Do so between 8AM to 8PM M-F and 9AM to 5PM Sa.

If you don't want to be on a capped plan, then recontract back down to 50Mb and take a loyalty discount (that discount should take about £7 off your bill.)

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Addams Family Version-2.jpg
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

70Mb is the same broadband tier as 50Mb (though only 50Mb is sold, 70Mb is a special existing customer speed on the same tier.) The free speed upgrade to 70Mb would have carried over your pre-free-speed-upgrade 50Mb price.

Below that, there is a 'retentions only' deal of  20Mb with a 30GB monthly cap, if you want that: ring 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> Option 4 -> Option 5. Do so between 8AM to 8PM M-F and 9AM to 5PM Sa.

If you don't want to be on a capped plan, then recontract back down to 50Mb and take a loyalty discount (that discount should take about £7 off your bill.)

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Addams Family Version-2.jpg
0 Kudos
Tom1_1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Ok Shelke, Thanks for the info much apprecieated.
0 Kudos