Menu
gjenkins
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Downgrade account from abroad

I want to downgrade my account to the most basic internet and phone package as I have moved abroad and (unexpectedly) won't be able to return for some time.

I don't want to call as it would cost too much but can't find any other way to contact anyone about my account.

The online webchat never works and there appears to be no email address or any other contact methods.

If I can't find a way I am considering just cancelling the direct debit and being done with it!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgrade account from abroad

hiya @gjenkins welcome to the virginmedia community forum, sadly you cant downgrade online needs to be via phone call, to call back to the UK i would advise using calling card/VOIP via e.g. skype so cost about £0.018 per minute, best speaking to customer relations choosing option 1 - 5 - 4 (thinking of leaving us), since if you cancel your direct debt your bill will increase, go into default affecting your credit rating, passed to debt collectors, and possible onto CCJ (county court judgement) or higher
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos