Menu
Captainpugwash
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Done with virgin media

Hi folks after being with vermin and all the other previous companys for many years. i have now left and must say that customer help centre is nothing like help !

Got sick to death of price rises without any notification and did not realise i had a price rise because i was in hosp so got ripped off again . tried getting retentions to drop my BB speed for a reduced rate but was told they only do 70 meg ! another pack of lies as they now advertise 50 meg at a price i could not get as an exsisting customer seems strange to me that they can send offers to my e mail but not notification of price rise then state they sent me letters of rise but i did not get any plenty of offer letters about phones but nothing about price rise now i have left i will take this practice futher with offcom . and i am so lucky that i did record my calls to retentions so the lies with come out because i have had vermin lie to me before and then deny they had said that . many customers also say on these forums that they also did not get any notification of prices rises so who is telling porkies ? i do not think its the 100s of customers who have complained .

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Done with virgin media

Hi Captainpugwash, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you feel this way Smiley Sad 

Whenever there is a price rise, we sent letters rather than emails as sometimes mails can go in to your Spam box depending on your settings. 

The letters were sent out last August and September ready for the charges to hit bills from October (your billed 1 month in advance so the price increase officially was from 1st November)

In terms of downgrading your broadband, I'm sorry that you were told you weren't able to do this. I will certainly pass on feedback for the agent you spoke to. 

When making a complaint, OFCOM don't deal with individual complaints. You'll need to open one with our team so we can investigate things fully for you and get them resolved. If you're still unsatisfied then you can escalate this CISAS. Here's where you can find our Complaints Code of Practice

If there is anything else we can help with, pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Captainpugwash
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath-f

You have given me help in the past and i thank you for that but now i am fighting virgin yet again to get back my advance payment . i do have every bit of paperwork virgin has ever sent me and it clearly states in my contract that i will have to make an advance payment when getting a new contract i accept that but they are really makeing me jump through the hoops to get this payment refunded why they have to make things so hard i do not know and again went through to CS thought they had sorted it out and was told i will get £14.04 refunded  and my outstanding last bill of £6.16 cleared but nothing has yet happened and they will take it out by DD on 8/2/2017 it just makes customers not trust  a word virgin says just seem to be full of empty promises and BS just to get the customer off the phone line i have done everything the right way and do feel that there is no real way of complains being sorted out in a timely manner by virgin but i will not give up i do hope that other subscribers to virgin who leave realise that they are owed money from their advance payment when they leave virgin but it seems virgin do not offer this without lots of aggravation and phone calls which of course i have to pay for because my services have been terminated . very very poor customer services indeed

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Captainpugwash

Thanks again for taking the time to come back to us about the billing dispute you have.

By its very nature this requires us to clear security and all billing and package queries that need to be looked into, do have to be dealt with by our teams in a secure way, either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat  where our teams can clear security with you and work to resolve any issues you have with billing or packages. As the forums are public we need to be supporting you in this way to keep your data confidential.

I can see that since you posted to us you have been in touch with the teams which is great and I hope they were able to support you with this.

Please keep in touch if there is anything else we can look into for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos