Menu
ngrimes
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Does loyalty with Virgin count for nothing?

Does loyalty with Virgin count for nothing?

Having been with Virgin since the Blueyonder days, 2004, I was surprised when I inquired about some sort of loyalty credit to keep me as a customer, I  was advised that loyalty counts for nothing and if I wish to cancel my services then that was my right.

Needless to say I have requested that the cancellation process takes place.

To keep loyal customers in such a competitive market you would hope Virgin would have high on their list, but it appears loyalty counts for nothing with Virgin!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does loyalty with Virgin count for nothing?

Whether you get a loyalty discount largely depends on whether the VM staff concerned have done their quota for the day/week/month. So phoning again on a different day might yield surprising results.

What amazes me is that you are even surprised by VM's policy. Every business in this kind of market works this way. The Insurance companies are the worst offenders. Existing customers pay inflated premiums for poorer cover than new customers pay for better cover. It is how business works. The VM churn rate is relatively good. If they don't have you they'll have other newer customers who will cost initially but pay well if they stay and they mostly do - like me.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
ngrimes
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I will leave it with the VM team, as the difference between loosing a myself as customer and keeping me is approx £6 per month

Thanks anway
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ngrimes

Thanks for getting in touch with us on the forums about the offer you have had with the loyalty team and a warm welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you are looking to leave us Smiley Sad

I appreciate that you have spoken to the teams and would love if we were able to review this as an offer with you.

I’ve passed this onto the teams for you to see if they can arrange to get back in touch with you to discuss this.

I’m also going to drop a pm to you for us to see if we can offer any additional support to you.

You can find this in the next to your forum name.

Thanks again and speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

ngrimes
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It take it back, apparently loyalty does mean something to VM!

VM contacted me a agreed a new deal.

Great service from VM, in the end, and appreciation of customer locality.

Thanks VM 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ngrimes

I appreciate you coming back to us and I'm so glad we were able to support you.

It's great to see you're happy with us and the service. That's awesome!

If you ever need anything else from us just pop back to the forums and feel free to post to us.

Take care and have a fab day!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"