Menu
kirkpjk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do the pre-install team actually exist?

Having recently signed up to switch from a competitor provider having experienced numerous examples of poor customer service, I'm already having doubts about signing my digital contract.

The contract provided doesn't match the pre-agreement information that I signed. Having now spoken to 2 different people who just repeated, parrot fashion, what was already on the pre-agreement document, for them to then transfer me to the pre-install team. This resulted in listening to the same playlist on repeat for a total 45mins.

This is not the type of customer service to offer before someone has even signed a contract.

Does anyone know how to contact the pre-install team directly?

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Do the pre-install team actually exist?

Hi kirkpjk, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that your contract doesn't quite match the terms you initially agreed too. 

I'm afraid I don't have a direct number for the Pre Installation team. We only have an internal speed dial number. You'll need to dial 150 / 0345 454 1111 first to be put through to the team. 

If you don't mind me asking, what differences are there as we can help in certain circumstances Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Phil

I appreciate you coming back to us with that information Smiley Happy

With respect to the issue you have this is something only the Pre Install team can support you with and they have to be contacted via phone.

If you do get a chance to call in that would be amazing. If you choose option 1 then option 4 for the billing and Direct Debit section of the Customer Services team you will get through to an agent in Customer Care who can put you through to the team.

Please keep us posted on how this goes and let us know if there is anything else we can look into for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi kirkpjk, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that your contract doesn't quite match the terms you initially agreed too. 

I'm afraid I don't have a direct number for the Pre Installation team. We only have an internal speed dial number. You'll need to dial 150 / 0345 454 1111 first to be put through to the team. 

If you don't mind me asking, what differences are there as we can help in certain circumstances Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

kirkpjk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath, thanks for getting back to me.

I've spent nearly an hour on that phone number listening to the same music will no end result, so I'd rather not dial it again to be honest.

The contract that I received only states one TiVo v6 box when I should be receiving a second box TiVo box. It also lists stand 200mb broadband rather than the gamer broadband, as well as omitting the £50 account credit and stating that the price after the promotional period will be £80 rather than £76. All in all quite a few discrepancies.

I'm beginning to think that I'm better off sticking with who I know.

Kind regards,
Phil.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Phil

I appreciate you coming back to us with that information Smiley Happy

With respect to the issue you have this is something only the Pre Install team can support you with and they have to be contacted via phone.

If you do get a chance to call in that would be amazing. If you choose option 1 then option 4 for the billing and Direct Debit section of the Customer Services team you will get through to an agent in Customer Care who can put you through to the team.

Please keep us posted on how this goes and let us know if there is anything else we can look into for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

kirkpjk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

After persisting for quite some time and being bounced around Customer Relations, Sales and Pre-Install, I eventually got someone to understand the situation and provide a solution.

Happily I can report the situation appears to have been resolved, I'm just waiting for confirmation in the form of an updated contract, and hopefully if this is all in order we can proceed with the installation in a couple of weeks.

Thanks,
Phil.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm so pleased for you Phil.

If you need any further support then just give us a shout Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team