Menu
Westierules2000
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Disgusted at customer service after contract query

i am not normally one to complain, but feel absolutely disgusted at the level of care and the way I was spoken to this afternoon.
I cancelled my contract at the back end of October due to unacceptable price rises. Received a phone call to renegotiate and was advised a new price over the phone of I believe in the region of £45 per month. A couple of days later, a new contract came through the email system for me to sign at £26 per month. Needless to say, I signed. Bonus I thought, they have reactivated my line rental saver to keep me as a customer. After all, this was listed on my new contract as 12 months line rental saver with no expiry date of any sooner than 12 months from my signed contract. Got a bill through over new year for £45. Rang up yesterday and was told I'd get a phone call back at 1:30pm today (3rd Jan) which as you can guess, never materialised. So I called again, got put straight through to retentions department and spoke to a very rude man called Dave. After a 30 minute heated discussion with him telling me that regardless of my signed contract of 4th November at £26 per month it was going to be £45 like it or lump it due to this being the amount agreed over the phone due to my old line rental saver expiring on 5th January. I asked him at this point which side would likely win if this went to court as a signed document with £26 per month would quite definitely outweigh a phone call. At this point I got put through to Mohammed (daves manager) who agreed that Virgin media were in breach of contract and that it was a mistake on their part. However they were not willing to honour the contract so gave me the option to cancel without fees. Now, my whole criticism here is that they have now lost a customer. They could have had £26 per month for the next 12 months, but because of their stupidity, they now have nothing. I know the amount is trivial in the big scheme of things, but to me, customer loyalty and keeping existing customers happy should be any companies number one priority.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disgusted at customer service after contract query

Hi Westierules2000

I appreciate you getting in touch with us about this and thank you for taking the time to drop by with your post.

I am sorry to hear that this has been your recent experience with us. I understand that you were originally told the contract would be £45 and that while the Line rental Saver was still active on your account the contract showed the amount as being £26.

If you had renewed the LRS with us then the contract would have stayed at £26. We do not have the option to give a Retentions deal to you and add on a further £196 credit to cover the 12 months LRS costs.

I understand that you have been advised you can opt out of the contract without paying us EDF's and this is something based on what you have mentioned that you have taken.

The only other option I can see here that would have resulted in you getting the package at the price of £26 is if you had agreed to pay for the LRS renewal again with us.

My apologies that the LRS expiry date did not show on the contract renewal. This is normally advised when a new deal is agreed with us at the time when you renew your contracts.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can look into for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos