Menu
Kirsty90
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Disgraceful customer service!

Hi I am posting on behalf of my grandparents. A virgin media agent came to see my grandparents on the 18/10 and signed them up to virgin as they were getting fed up of sky. The said that they wouldn't have to do anything and virgin would take care of the switch over. So after the switch over they cancelled their direct debit with sky thinking that was it. They then started to get letters from Sky demanding payment. Turns out virgin only cancelled the broadband and phone service. I spoke to Sky and they informed me that the customer themselves had to cancel the tv package.... not amused. I rang virgin and verified this and they said the same thing. However as stated before the agent told them they would NOT have to do anything. In short they had to pay almost £90 to clear the debt and cancel Sky and Virgin were unwilling to accept that this was there fault. As I mentioned I am speaking on behalf of my grandparents who are PENSIONERS and this extra £90 bill is a lot for them in addition to the over £100 first bill from Virgin for set up costs ect. This is disgusting of Virgin who have missold their product and unwilling to help vulnerable customers. I will be making sure they can cancel their package with Virgin as soon as they reach the end of their contract!!!!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disgraceful customer service!

Hi Kirsty90,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really nice having a new face in the crowd Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that Sky has ended up charging your grandparents. 

I appreciate that you may feel this is down to Virgin Media however it is down to the customer to ensure they know the terms and conditions of their services no matter which provider they are with. 

If the Broadband and Phone were cancelled when they moved to Virgin Media, they must have brought their number over. In this circumstance, as we were taking over the line, and Sky provide broadband via the phone line, the services would have been cancelled. 

In terms of any TV package, this can only be cancelled by the customer no matter if you're going to Sky from Virgin Media or vice versa. 

If you have any written confirmation from the Agent with the contract then we will be able to look in to this further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Kirsty90
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have the written contract from the day they signed up.

I appreciate why the customer themselves has to cancel the TV package but I know for a fact the reason they signed up is because they wouldnt have to mess around cancelling services. I also spoke to the representative on the phone because they wanted an email address contact and my grandparents do not use email.

What's more aggravating to this situation is that when they first found out that Virgin hadn't cancelled Sky I rang Virgin straight away. They told me same thing that you tell me now and when I mentioned the money lost the answer was basically tough **bleep** they weren't going to do anything about it.

Also it wouldn't surprise me that the agent failed to mention this or just agreed with what my grandparents were saying that they didn't have to do anything so the they could make a sale.

Don't worry I've take this to Sky too because common sense would tell you that if Virgin is taking over the phone line why would they keep the Sky TV package. Or as least sent them a letter or given a call to see what was going on.

It's just disgusting that your company wouldn't do anything about this not even a small good will gesture apologising for all the inconvenience they've had and the worrying they've have to indure thinking are going to be in debt and get into trouble. But just have the tough **bleep** attitude.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kirsty90

I appreciate that this is not the best of experiences with respect to the set up of new services with us and a promise made by an agent on our behalf and my apologies for the impact this has had to your grandparents.

I can see from their account notes they were advised to write in with respect to this complaint to our complaints team at the time when they raised this in November with us but no correspondence has been received regarding this.

Can you let us know if they did ever write in and do they have any written proof to confirm this was offered by the Sales colleague?

We do not offer to cancel the Sky services unless you are transferring the landline only with a number port, as this would automatically close the landline with them on our behalf.Please keep in touch if you do have anything written down to confirm this was offered at the time and we will see what we can do to support. Alternatively you can write into our complaints team via our  Contact Us address details you can find on our site.

Hope to speak soon

Kind regards.

Karen

Virgin Media Forum Team

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Kirsty90
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes I wrote to complaints myself as I'm the one who rang to complain in the first place and with no reply I decided to post on here which has still go me nowhere.

I will check the contract but to be honest with why would they write that on there is no reason why that'd be on there? Especially if they knew what they were saying wasn't true and just a selling tactic.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kirsty90

I appreciate you taking the time to get back in touch about this.

I'm going to drop a pm to you for me to have a chat with you about this in a little more detail as I need to take their details to see if we can find the complaint information for you.

If you could get back to me on the pm that I'm sending to you that you can find in the onthe top right, that would be great Smiley Happy

Speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos