Menu
NickNewark
Superfast
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Discount offer and contract

Hi

I called retentions this morning, but before i was put through i had an automated message saying that i could extend my discount for another year and not recontract, etc.

When i spoke to the Rep, they said they had no knowledge of this and that they had never heard of this, they couldn't offer me a deal, so i decided, after seven years to give notice. 

I decied to call back and the offer was still there, so accepted it using option 1, i then asked to speak to a CS advisor, who still couldn't see the offer. I decided to ask to cancel the disconnection while i wait to see what the offer will be, via email as the automated message advised, which she agreed. 

Has anyone else been offered a deal to stay on the automated system? 

0 Kudos
hu1
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Discount offer and contract

Hi

same thing happened to me  I also called retentions yesterday  but before i was put through i also had an automated message saying that i could extend my discount for another year happy with that but thinking it might be a scam I hung up and redialled virgin only to be told they had no knowledge of the deal and that they where unable offer me any deal, this now makes them for  me the most expensive provider by far, so now checking out alternative providers

0 Kudos
NickNewark
Superfast
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm still waiting for the promised email, the strange thing is when i called back to retentions, before i go through to an person, it acknowledges in a message they have chosen to accept the offer!. 

I don't think it's a scam as i called them, had it been a cold call coming in i would have given it a second thought. The message states 48hrs to confirm by email, which will be by about 10am this morning, so it i haven't heard by 12, i will give retentions a call. 

if the deal in the automated message stands, then i will be quite happy, for some reason i'm not hopeful. 

I did take to twitter, and VM on there said it was what they called, a special offer just for me?

0 Kudos
NickNewark
Superfast
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just to confirm my deal was fine, i have spoken to retentions today and they have confirmed the deal i that was offered is correct, so credit were it's due, Virgin have rewarded my loyalty. Thank you.
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've only just signed up but already thinking about what will happen at the end of my 12 month contract.

Is it normal for them to extend the offer for a further 12 months ?

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
NickNewark
Superfast
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

To be fair, i've been with Virgin for over seven years now and they have always sorted something out and i've remained with them. The way it happened this year was slightly unusual, in so much it was an automated offer, and i didn't speak to anyone.
But it's been confirmed today verbally by retentions, so i'm happy.

I'm sure when your contract is up for renewal they will be some good offers, just remember to call them up, 30 days before your contract ends.
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Nick - I'll add a reminder to my calendar now.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
technoflare
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I got an automated offer of same discount for 6 months but wanted more info so went through to CS.  As above they couldn't offer this so I cancelled.  Due to lack of capacity I can't go to BT provided fibre at the moment so I called up again to try and get a deal.  The automated deal was not mentioned when I called this time though and the offer from CS was rubbish.  They seem to think that the automated offer should still be there but I can't get it and they cant do anything!  So frustrating!   

How can they have a CS that can't offer the best deals!  Anyone had any success getting them to offer anything better?

Wonder if they will call to offer me something to stay in next few weeks....but that's risky as I could be left without a phone or BB otherwise!

Cheers 

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

From what I have read if you have actually put in your notice to cancel this goes through to a different team who will contact you to try and offer you something to stay.  Although I've no experience of this myself this is likely to be where you would get the best offer.

-

0 Kudos
technoflare
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The person I spoke to today thought I would still hear the message when I called but I don't.  I'll try again tomorrow else I'll have to hold my nerve and see if they call up to try and keep me on....worst case is I guess that I loose my home number and maybe go without a phone and BB for a little bit.  I guess I could get my wife to sign up as a new customer if I have to, not sure what the T&Cs are about that (Sky is 30days after cancel) if it comes to it but again with a new number.  Come to think of it most people ring our mobiles anyway.....

0 Kudos