Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6 (270 Views)

Discount for existing customers

Hi. Why is Virgin not even attempting to retain me as a customer? I called to advise I can get similar package for £27 a month vs the £51 I am currently paying... I was advised that most I can get is £4. Surely retention of existing is as important as securing new customers?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Superfast
Message 3 of 6 (476 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Vanessa8410
‎19-04-2017 21:59

Re: Discount for existing customers

It is not a matter of loyalty, VM make their commercial judgement, so should you.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Wise owl
Message 4 of 6 (476 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Vanessa8410

no, what is important to them is retaining mugs profitable customers willing to be paying top rate for fancy speeds that they never get and for hundreds of channels they never watch.

I guess you dont fit the profile

but to Sky you will be a " new customer" and all the goodies will be available  Smiley Happy

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6 (264 Views)

I guess it's not
0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 3 of 6 (477 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Vanessa8410

It is not a matter of loyalty, VM make their commercial judgement, so should you.
Wise owl
Message 4 of 6 (477 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Vanessa8410

no, what is important to them is retaining mugs profitable customers willing to be paying top rate for fancy speeds that they never get and for hundreds of channels they never watch.

I guess you dont fit the profile

but to Sky you will be a " new customer" and all the goodies will be available  Smiley Happy

Joining in
Message 5 of 6 (131 Views)

Have a look at my post

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 6 (80 Views)

I posted this tonight and totally agree with you. Thankyou for the prompt response to my cancellation. I felt sooooo valued when I phoned up tonight. The telephone call lasted less than five minutes and I fully understood the £215 charge for lost or missing equipment. Then the e-mail arrived in seconds. I left Sky after over 17 years with them and at least they had the decency to fight for my custom although my pride came before all good decision making. I have settled this year for less than I did with Sky yet I was happy too until I saw the deals available. When my own family and friends got far superior deals than I, so phoned up last week. Spoke with a most helpful advisor (he really was and I'm not taking the mick at this point), he couldnt compete with the prices though. Then when I called later in the week I was met with the dreaded technical issues and then there was tonight..... All I can say is put your advisor into the next Olympics as she was so fast and onto the next poor sucker faster than I have typed this e-mail. She made your broadband look slow in comparison. It is obviously true that you guys are only interested in new customers and not the existing ones. Thanks again and I suppose goodbye.... Totally deflated Chris.
0 Kudos