Menu
Highlighted
Vanessa8410
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Discount for existing customers

Hi. Why is Virgin not even attempting to retain me as a customer? I called to advise I can get similar package for £27 a month vs the £51 I am currently paying... I was advised that most I can get is £4. Surely retention of existing is as important as securing new customers?

Helpful Answers
vircom
Well-informed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Discount for existing customers

It is not a matter of loyalty, VM make their commercial judgement, so should you.
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

no, what is important to them is retaining mugs profitable customers willing to be paying top rate for fancy speeds that they never get and for hundreds of channels they never watch.

I guess you dont fit the profile

but to Sky you will be a " new customer" and all the goodies will be available  Smiley Happy

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I guess it's not
0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It is not a matter of loyalty, VM make their commercial judgement, so should you.
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

no, what is important to them is retaining mugs profitable customers willing to be paying top rate for fancy speeds that they never get and for hundreds of channels they never watch.

I guess you dont fit the profile

but to Sky you will be a " new customer" and all the goodies will be available  Smiley Happy

Joseyw12
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have a look at my post

0 Kudos
Big_C
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I posted this tonight and totally agree with you. Thankyou for the prompt response to my cancellation. I felt sooooo valued when I phoned up tonight. The telephone call lasted less than five minutes and I fully understood the £215 charge for lost or missing equipment. Then the e-mail arrived in seconds. I left Sky after over 17 years with them and at least they had the decency to fight for my custom although my pride came before all good decision making. I have settled this year for less than I did with Sky yet I was happy too until I saw the deals available. When my own family and friends got far superior deals than I, so phoned up last week. Spoke with a most helpful advisor (he really was and I'm not taking the mick at this point), he couldnt compete with the prices though. Then when I called later in the week I was met with the dreaded technical issues and then there was tonight..... All I can say is put your advisor into the next Olympics as she was so fast and onto the next poor sucker faster than I have typed this e-mail. She made your broadband look slow in comparison. It is obviously true that you guys are only interested in new customers and not the existing ones. Thanks again and I suppose goodbye.... Totally deflated Chris.
gemini1945
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You think disabled and pensioners should get a slight discount after being with cable since it first came.virgin is one of the worst for putting prices up and not helping valuable customers.other people with virgin pay less but reliable and longterm onesdont count.i am stuck with it as I do not know any way to change or learn about others.am an oldie not tech minded.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi gemini1945

Our teams are always happy to review the offers you have with us and we do encourage our customers to regularly contact us to make sure that they are on the most effective and best value package for them Smiley Happy

If you can pop on the phone or Webchat to our teams they would be happy to look into this for you Smiley Happy

You can contact them via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat for any billing or package related queries where they can clear security with you.

Webchat can be contacted via the site online and you can speak to them if you prefer this option by choosing the Chat Online option:

E.G-Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Let us know how this goes for you Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
haritharan
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Completely agree with you @Vanessa8410 I too am having issues. I cannot believe that new customers should be treated to better pricing than existing ones. VM need some perspective on customer value

0 Kudos