Menu
JohnDickinson
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Disconnection

Now that I am officially disconnected from the 4th of Feb I am going to cancel my direct debit because I will not give vermin £50 for two months and am unable to contact them because of their awful support.

To that end I have two outstanding queries:

Why, on the 9th of Feb are services still working?

Will I be sent a final bill through the post and if not how will that be achieved?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnection

hiya @JohnDickinson with so you gave your notification/intent to cancel 30 days before the 4th feb? since if you end up with a unpaid bill this will passed onto debt collectors, and a default put on your credit file which can greatly effect getting credit cards, loans etc.. i would be having a chat with customer relations choosing option 1 - 5 - 4 (thinking of leaving us) they are UK based. as for getting in contact with them just need to wait on hold or call first thing in the morning
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
JohnDickinson
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

In theory that would be nice but 2 hours out of my life paying for trying to get past the "enter a letter on a numeric keypad" plus the awful musical diarrhoea plus the ludicrous options all in an accent I can barely understand lead me to think that maybe a month in debtors prison is a preferable option anyway . In a proper world I would be able to phone them using 150 but as my Vermin phone has barely worked since early December I would have to use my BT phone to phone their ludicrously charged other number.

They are breaking the law by taking payment by direct debit when that payment is not valid. I can easily let them take the payment then tell my bank they took the wrong payment, the bank will refund and then Vermin get stick from the bank. All of this is totally unnecessary and Vermin should work out what is owed and take that. If they will not do that then they cannot stick me on some bad debt register without first sending me a bill surely?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

yeah they would send your final bill depending if your using ebilling/paper billing, and then if goes unpaid possible getting a few calls about it. then if goes unpaid passed to debt collectors.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos