Menu
Vres
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Disconnection problems

I am having issues with a cancellation.

I rang to see if Virgin could match a Sky deal I'd been offered in September to be told that they could only knock £3.50 off my bill (which was nowhere near the Sky deal). Said I'd like to cancel and gave my 30 days notice. This was at 8:30 on 02/09/16 and I arranged for Sky to be fitted on 30/09/16 so that there would be a slight overlap in case of any connection problems.

I then received a bill. When I rang to explain I'd cancelled my contract and therefore shouldn't have been sent a bill, I was told it was because I was still in contract and I had to pay the £113 bill. I explained I had been with Virgin for 2 years and that I wasn't in contract and that I had given my notice, therefore I should not have been sent a bill. I then asked why the account hadn't been closed down to be told that it had and was asked if I'd mind being put through to retentions as they could solve the issue. This was on the 19/10/16 at 20:45.

I then spoke to Nathan at Teeside who told me that I hadn't cancelled. When I gave the dates and times and information that I had written down, he responded by telling me I'd only cancelled my phone package. I explained that this was ridiculous and that I had cancelled the whole package, giving the required notice, as I was on maternity leave and looking at reducing my monthly outgoings due to a drop in income.

I was then told I would have to pay November's bill and one in December but that I'd be refunded. I explained I couldn't afford this as I was on maternity and had already had to pay a month in advance to Sky. Nathan went away to speak to his manager and after some time came back and told me that no money would be taken.

In the meantime I had checked my previous bills and noticed I'd already paid for October despite cancelling my contract. Nathan looked into it and agreed that I had overpaid and would receive a cheque for the overpayment. He assured me that no money would be taken and that he had cancelled the direct debit and put notes on my account.

Just to be certain I cancelled the direct debit myself.

I have not received the cheque and after checking my account online it appears that it STILL hasn't been cancelled and there is a note telling me to contact Virgin before a charge is added.

I refuse to ring again to try and sort this mess out. I am sick of being told lie after lie with regards to my account. Can somebody please look into this and get back to me. I have a six week old baby who isn't too well and I do not need the added stress.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnection problems

Hey Vres

Welcome to the board, wish it could be under better circumstances

Reading what you have posted  (SU's have a fancy title but are just regular customers like you, so I cant access your account) it looks like you have your dates and times down and know exactly where you should be payment wise.  Ill push this forward for you as you have enough stress ATM without this adding to it. You should get a reply from staff in the next day or so detailing where we go from here. Just be aware you are unlikely to get a call direct from VM (accounts dont make outbound calls)  So you'll need to keep an eye on here for a reply. 

Kind Regards

Kippies

0 Kudos
Vres
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

I hope to get an answer soon.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vres

I appreciate you getting in touch with us about the cancellation process and my apologies that this has not been the best experience for you.

I'd like to take a look into this for you to see what is happening as I can see from your post, that you have contacted us many times regarding this to get this sorted and I appreciate this should have been resolved a while back for you.

For me to find out what the best option is to get this sorted out for you is I'm going to send a pm to you that you can find in the purple envelope next to your forum name on the top right.

I hope that despite this hiccup with us, your maternity leave is going well and all the best with that too. New babies arriving are always exciting times Smiley Happy

If you could get back in touch with me on the pm, that would be brilliant.

Speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos