Menu
davebrad
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Disconnection Fee

I've been looking to move house since the start of the year and contacted Virgin to discuss the process several weeks back. I was talked through the process and the issue of disconnection fees arose. The helpful gentleman in the call centre said that due my flagging up my move well in advance, and being a customer for over 10 years, he'd put a note on my account to not charge a disconnection fee when I finally left, although I'd have to pay the 30 day notice period. Rung today to formally cancel, as have now exchanged and unfortunately are moving to an area not served by Virgin so can't take the service with me. I was shocked to find no such note on the account and was then told I'll need to pay £240 disconnection fee. I need Virgin to look back through my call records to find the date I had the conversation (will be on my home phone call log) and to find out who the call went to ideally. They can then clarify that the disconnection fee was to be waived. I hope they are able to do this quickly. I'd like to recommend to the person buying my house that he retains Virgin's services but won't be doing that if they won't waive a charge they previously said they would.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnection Fee

unless you spoke to a manager it unlikey the call centre would of have the authority to not charge the fee.
0 Kudos
davebrad
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Even more reason then for Virgin to track down this clearly "rogue" employee, who makes promises he's not qualified to make and then doesn't do what he says he will. I'd be really worried if I had people like this working for my company. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi davebrad, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are moving to an area that isn't cabled and therefore we're not able to transfer your existing services over to the new property. 

When you sign up to a contract with us, you are agreeing for us to supply you with the services at that address for that time. As you are moving, you are technically breaking the contract. 

If you move to a cabled area, we are happy to transfer the services however this comes with a one off charge and a new 12 month contract. If you move to a non cabled area then we can set the account to cancel but this would invoke an early termination fee. 

You can speak to the team regarding the circumstances on why you're moving though as this could mean a smaller disconnection fee or a possible write off. You can speak to them on 150 / 0345 454 1111. This could be why the previous agent you spoke to advised there would be no fee.

Let me know how the call goes.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos