Menu
jskemp76
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Disappointed with the retentions offering, 8 years of loyal custom.

Due to the latest price increase, I have decided to look around for alternative services.  BT & Sky both offer great value deals; with cashback.

I called VM, hoping that they could offer me something comparable with these other providers.

To be honest they were not really interested and offered something not suitable to my requirements at an increased price to the new price i am going to be paying post the most recent regular increase.

I am currently in my notice period, disappointed how little VM values loyal customers; slightly complacent i feel.

Helpful Answers
David1955
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Disappointed with the retentions offering, 8 years of loyal custom.

Hi

You are probably correct in what you are saying, but if Virgin media carry on they will end up being bought by another company, do you remember when other companies falsified profits or went for short term profits ie Dixon's selling dodgy insurance for items.

At the end of the day your money will spend anywhere and as long as you are willing to change providers and the hassle (easier than you think) of changing they will continue to overcharge, have a look at what you can get for free (channel wise) and compare with freeview, Bt box etc, you will then find you are paying for only a few channels (and of course they check which shows are favorite with Virgin customers) software that is built into there boxes, for example I dont watch sport, comedy or kids channels, and although I give this genre a thumbs down they keep being recorded as suggestions (big brother NO) just keeping a check on what people watch so they can adjust their packages so Virgin can get the maximum profit, of course this is not just a Virgin thing it goes for all the companies, keep switching to benefit 'you not them.

if you can have Virgin as your broadband, talk talk as your phone, and freeview, BT box as your Tv and then and only then will they will compete for YOU, companies can only falsify their profits for a short time to enable the upper echelon to get their bonuses and go their own way, leaving a business that has to change drastically to compromise the losses, for example removing the website servers for all Virgin, Blueyonder customers.

If I was in charge of this company it would be for the long term profit and not the short term and old customers would not have to subsidies new customers, "KEEP IT SIMPLE KEEP IT CHEAP" and people would not need to change and the profits would stay reliable, nowadays loyalty means nothing to them 'you have to ask' for a reduction'.

If you wish to know if there will be a price increase shortly, all you have to do is check your emails for 'we are making your  internet speed better etc' shortly afterwards they increase their prices.

I can only say this for Virgin as they have been my only supplier for 20 years, do they give an 'F' about me (NO) they will only change if you do.

END OF SPEECH go for VEXIT

All Replies
David1955
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Only last week I downgraded my package (again) my extra box upstairs (v box) has to go, so I bought and replaced with BT Recorder (absolutely brill machine) it records seconds before the programme starts and has same features as the Tivo and catch up for last 30 days (no extra costs at all after buying the box), although Virgin has reduced my package by about £15 a month this extra saving will buy my next BT Box (easily) when my reduced package ends, so it's bye bye Virgin TV and it's wanting to update its software when I am watching a film at 1am or 2am in the morning.

David1955
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Oh I forgot to say you dont need to be with BT when you buy the box it just uses your aerial like freeview

arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I looked into these the other day and they are pretty good. However I have a Samsung TV and to record freeview I plug an external HDD (2TB - £65) into the USB which does the trick for me. Only issue is it isn't so easy to archive off the recording.

jskemp76
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Incidentally I want to stay with VM, every product I have with them is fine, just becoming stupidly expensive!

David1955
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Unless you try something else out you wont know what you are missing I cannot praise the BT box I bought enough, and I once said I would never go back to BT (but I havent really as am still with Virgin I just bought the box which has 30 day catch up)

arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

jskemp76 wrote:

To be honest they were not really interested...

It does seem odd that Virgin Media seem to be going their own way in such a highly competitive market.  

I suspect there is a bit more inertia in that switching to any other provider as it means a physical line installation, but when Sky are only charging £20 for that and offering broadband (albeit not fibre) at half the price of the lowest Virgin package, it makes no sense.  

Maybe all Virgin want are the high ARPUs with the big TV packages and the super fast broadband.  The latter is the one area where they don't have any real competition.

David1955
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi

You are probably correct in what you are saying, but if Virgin media carry on they will end up being bought by another company, do you remember when other companies falsified profits or went for short term profits ie Dixon's selling dodgy insurance for items.

At the end of the day your money will spend anywhere and as long as you are willing to change providers and the hassle (easier than you think) of changing they will continue to overcharge, have a look at what you can get for free (channel wise) and compare with freeview, Bt box etc, you will then find you are paying for only a few channels (and of course they check which shows are favorite with Virgin customers) software that is built into there boxes, for example I dont watch sport, comedy or kids channels, and although I give this genre a thumbs down they keep being recorded as suggestions (big brother NO) just keeping a check on what people watch so they can adjust their packages so Virgin can get the maximum profit, of course this is not just a Virgin thing it goes for all the companies, keep switching to benefit 'you not them.

if you can have Virgin as your broadband, talk talk as your phone, and freeview, BT box as your Tv and then and only then will they will compete for YOU, companies can only falsify their profits for a short time to enable the upper echelon to get their bonuses and go their own way, leaving a business that has to change drastically to compromise the losses, for example removing the website servers for all Virgin, Blueyonder customers.

If I was in charge of this company it would be for the long term profit and not the short term and old customers would not have to subsidies new customers, "KEEP IT SIMPLE KEEP IT CHEAP" and people would not need to change and the profits would stay reliable, nowadays loyalty means nothing to them 'you have to ask' for a reduction'.

If you wish to know if there will be a price increase shortly, all you have to do is check your emails for 'we are making your  internet speed better etc' shortly afterwards they increase their prices.

I can only say this for Virgin as they have been my only supplier for 20 years, do they give an 'F' about me (NO) they will only change if you do.

END OF SPEECH go for VEXIT

kevin123
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

VIRGIN MEDIA SERVICE IS CRAP!!

I had the same experience. Their service is worst. They don't care for existing customer.

My phone line never worked for months and I had to approach their CEO helpdesk, Still I never received any resolution.

Approach CISAS against them to get some justice, however CISAS is a private company which has good relations with Virgin Media.

Finally, they said nothing against their pet company virgin media. Total biased outcome stating, I do not have enough evidence against them?? 

Customer is fooled again, No justice unless you need move to court against their atrocity.

Never trust this company !!! 

0 Kudos
Lucyd30
Just joined
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I agree, although I have been with them only 2 years, I am out of contract and the best they could offer me to stay with them was an increase in price! I am really surprised that they have no interest in keeping customers. I am going to go with BT who have a new deal which runs out Monday.