Menu
Highlighted
Community Lead
Message 11 of 18 (181 Views)

Re: Direct Debit

Hi

Did you get a bill?

In which case, that is the notification.

Thanks

James

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 12 of 18 (176 Views)

My bank shows that the DD was set up for a higher amount than agreed.  No notification was given for the altered amount.

Please do read my posts carefully, communication is a vitally important asset.  VM take note

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Message 13 of 18 (172 Views)

Hi

Direct Debits are not set up for specific amounts - that is a Standing Order.

Your bill is the notification of how much the variable amount is.

Did you receive your bill? 

James

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 14 of 18 (168 Views)

I beg your pardon but I have direct debits set up with the council tax, gas, elec, insurances etc for set AGREED constant amounts.  These can only be varied by expressly contacting the customer FIRST before making any changes.

SHOUTING: VM DID NOT NOTIFY ME BEFORE CHANGING THE DD TO A HIGHER, NOT AGREED, AMOUNT.  CAN YOU HEAR ME VM????

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 15 of 18 (163 Views)

Dear James,

It is seems to be a common occurrence with VM staff that will answer to suit themselves rather than actually listening to the customer.  Proper communication is a two way street.  You have thus far ignored what I have been saying and simply been posting what you believe to be the case, but actually isn't the case.  Maybe you would do me the courtesy of actually absorbing what I have written.

Whilst you may believe in what you say, it is not actually the answer or solution to the complaint made.

VM must try harder to listen.

Imshallah & mtfoa1000ciya

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Message 16 of 18 (160 Views)

Hi

I have read everything you've written on this and other matters lately.

I'd appreciate it if you'd read and answer my one question so I can get this sorted out for you - did you receive a bill in advance of the first (and subsequent) payment being taken?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 17 of 18 (153 Views)

Dear James

Thank you for the prompt response.

I'll tell you precisely what happened so please NB.

29/3/17 16:59 I set up a DD with Mohammed for £35.25, which is for a fixed price broadband only service.  No written notification has been received.

Yesterday, I looked at my bank account and discovered that VM has set up a DD for the higher amount of £45.48.  That is wrong and no prior notification has been sent or received; and I've been on the dog and bone and VM tell me that no notification will be sent.  That is contrary to the banking code.

Do you understand now, and the fact that I can't get any useful / helpful help from the people who promise me the 'best customer service'.

Yours most disgruntled

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Message 18 of 18 (147 Views)

Hi

You say that you have set up a Direct Debit - a flexible payment method - in order to pay us for your services.

Whatever the cost of your monthly bill, that is the amount of the Direct Debit - that is the exact nature of a Direct Debit - it is a variable payment method. 

Direct Debits are not - and cannot be - set up for a specific amount. That is a different thing, called a standing order.

As said previously, the bill is the notification for changes.

If your last bill was for £45.84, £7.50 or £234.56 then that is the amount we will request from your bank.

If, as you say, you set up a package 4 days ago, you'll see that cost reflected in your next billing notification, and the next direct debit payment not the current one.

We're not in breach of any 'Banking Code' - and we're fully compliant with the Direct Debit Guarantee.

I'm going to draw a line under this conversation now as I've said everything I can about this matter, and if you disagree or are not happy with the advice I've given regarding how  Direct Debits work (and the differences between them and Standing orders), please do visit some of the links I have already shared, or your local bank branch.

Many thanks