Menu
kirstd1989
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Direct Debit Vs the 'One-Off Payment' option (in MyVirginMedia) IMPORTANT PLEASE HELP

Hi, I've tried calling but was left on hold for almost 30 mins and even tried tweeting at them but no response so I'm hoping if I post my enquiry on here, someone will be able to help me..

I recently moved house and when I intitally rang up to inform VM, I was told my bill this month would include the installation fee (was even told the amount it would be) but I received my Bill Email today stating my actual cost is twice as much as I was intitally told - I cannot pay this. It's almost twice my rent and I cannot afford to have this crazy amount taken from my bank account (there isn't any spare money I can put aside leading up to my payment date to help pay for this either). But when I'm viewing my bill in my Account, there's an option to make a "One-Off Payment".. If I used this option to pay this month's crazy amount using my Credit Card, would the payment be received and the Direct Debit stopped so I don't pay twice..? I would obviously return to paying normally next month, it's just this month.

Like I said, I've tried contacting VM before posting this but I haven't had any luck. I will try again tomorrow but would like some advice beforehand (if possible) as I'm freaking out about the cost.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Direct Debit Vs the 'One-Off Payment' option (in MyVirginMedia) IMPORTANT PLEASE HELP

Hi kirstd1989, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear there has been some confusion with regards to your bill. 

When moving home, you're effectively starting from scratch in terms of billing so the first one will always be a little higher as you're paying near enough 2 months worth. 

If you want to pay the balance before hand by card, you can do this but just let us know at least 5 days BEFORE your direct debit is due to come out. Otherwise the Direct Debit will still go through and the extra payment will remain on your account as a credit. 

I hope this makes sense Smiley Happy

If you have any further issues or queries, pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos