Menu
lem1winks
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Did not receive refer a friend credit

Ive recently had virgin media installed just over a month ago and ive recently had my first bill which had a few surprises. 
firstly there was a £20 setup charge that i was never told about. 
However my main concern is i did not receive my £50 credit for being referred. Now before you say i was not refered, i was there when my father put my details into the refer a friend web page. the DAY after (without any other contact to virgin at all) there was a virgin salesman named Kally Kumar who came to my house (the ONLY way they had my address was my details entered into the through the refer webpage)
When he came round i signed the paperwork then and there and he assured me MANY times i would receive the refer a friend credit as promised.
So far after reading through the comments on here and other websites, im starting to think ive been baited in by flashy deals which people dont receive. I really hope this is not the case.

Look forward to your reply.

0 Kudos
lem1winks
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Did not receive refer a friend credit

So ive just spoke to an adviser who said there is record of any referral. Im sorry but this is false. i Know for a fact i went through the refer website and then had a sales consultant come to my house the very next day. 
4 times i asked the sales consultant (Kally) if the refer bonus would be added to which he relied YES everytime. he even wrote all the details for the referer on the paperwork i signed! (take one look at the paperwork and you will see this is true!)
Now the adviser i just spoke to said to contact the sales adviser that came round my house. So somehow its now my job to contact your staff to sort out their problems, how does that make any sense?
what can be done about a member of your staff who had lied to me so i would sign up to virgin?

Really not happy and neither is the referrer who is a long time user of virgin services, as soon as this contract is up i will be going to another company that does not lie in order to get you to sign up.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Did not receive refer a friend credit

Hi lem1winks,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've not received your refer a friend credit Smiley Sad 

There is a specific process in place for referring customers. The existing account holder needs to pop in their friend's details via this page here: Refer A Friend This then generates an email to both the existing and new customer confirming the referral. The Friend then needs to join via that email. Unless this is followed, no link is made between the 2 accounts. 

Have you still got the email showing the referral? If not check with the person who referred you. If they have this we can look into this further for you.

I have sent you a private message with some information on where to go from here. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos