Menu
Eliad13
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi Everyone is this forum still active?
Im currently trying to apply for a mortage which i have been rejected for due to a virgin default thats just appeared.
I had been with virgin 3 years and enjoyed the service but couldnt move them to my new address, cancelled service and they tried to charge disconnection fee as i was put in a new contract i didnt agree to , was replying with the dispute and then never heard anything so presumed it had resolved, is there anyway of resolving from a default from 2 years ago?
Appreciate anyones help pleass
Thankyou
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Default

I guess you moved and Virgin Media were never advised of your new address. Their debt collectors will be trying to find you.
In the meanwhile, you, owing money, have correctly been hit in your credit record.
0 Kudos
mbone
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Default

Oh, boy are you in for a ride.
1st, if you do not / can not to use a phone, it will take approximately 6 months as a minimum to get anything done.
You will be referred from one department to another, expect about 2 weeks between any replies.

2nd, does not matter who's fault it is, unless you want to go through lawyers, you will HAVE to pay. The way any communication with customers operates is pretty terrible. You will be sent from one department to another, you'll write in an email "I do not have a phone", they will write back "please call this number", you will get emails which literally look like random bits of copied text from the manuals that may or may not be related to your problem. Might be different if you ring, but from what I heard from others, and considering it will be the same people writing emails and answering phones, I doubt it.

3rd, you are likely to have problems paying as well. It took 6 months for them to even send me a piece of paper with a barcode on. As you would expect, I could not pay it online (despite what it gets advertised as), but had to use a paypoint to do it.
I've paid a few weeks ago and contacted them about it, I am yet to hear anything, so might have literally just thrown more money down the drain.

Alternatively, any defaults (that are below £500) stay on your credit rating for a maximum of 6 years. While not the best, you can at least consider that as an option...

Check some credit reporting services as well. There are some services which offer free credit reports and hints on how to improve your credit rating. Trust me, after virgin's debt collections have gone through it, you will need it.

0 Kudos