Menu
geltrs
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Deceased name on remittance check

Hi, My Mum passed away in January, and although I have been able to cancel her account, and return equipment, the cheque for remittance sent out by VW has her name on, and I cant pay into my bank account, or hers (hers is now closed). I'm struggling to get in touch with VM to try to change this, any thoughts?

Gary

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deceased Mother

Hi Gary

Our condolences on the loss of your mum first and foremost. I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us on the forums to look into this, and thanks for your post.

In order to re-issue the cheque to you in your name, or the name of the executor of her estate if this is not you, if you could send the original uncashed cheque along with a covering letter to our Payments Team address below.

On the covering letter if you could please pop your Mums account details down along with the name of the 3rd party the cheque needs to be made out to and their forwarding address, and the reason for the cheque to be reissued in an alternative name.

The address to send these to is:

Virgin Media Payments LTD

Payments

Virgin Media

Unit 1 – 12 Mayfair Business Park

Broad Land

Bradford

BD4 8PW

This process can take in total, approximately 30 days to receive and reprocess a new cheque for the named 3rd party.

Please keep in touch if you need any further support with this or anything else. We’re here to help you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
geltrs
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the prompt reply, much appreciated.

One questions, do I need to send Mums Death Certificate with the letter, as I know this is needed by some organisations?

Kind regards,

Gary

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary, 

No you won't need to include the death certificate however it would be helpful to include either a copy of the driver's licence or passport of the person we need to make the cheque out to. This just confirms identity and get's things moving quicker for you Smiley Happy

If you have any further questions, pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos