Menu
Tbarham7
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Deal ended. Broadband now too expensive

Hi, I have just finished a deal on my broadband and am now paying over £40 for just phone and internet. I phoned to try to get the cost down as you can get it a lot cheaper pretty much everywhere but virgin were having none of it and said there were no deals available to me. I've been a loyal customer for a few years now and it's annoyed me so much that I am seriously considering leaving. Has anyone else had the same problem?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deal ended. Broadband now too expensive

hiya @Tbarham7 i've seen people paying a lot more for broadband and telephone line.. i would be asking them for price on full bundle tv,broadband,phone for new 12 month contract and see what they come up with.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tbarham7 wrote:
Hi, I have just finished a deal on my broadband and am now paying over £40 for just phone and internet. I phoned to try to get the cost down as you can get it a lot cheaper pretty much everywhere but virgin were having none of it and said there were no deals available to me. I've been a loyal customer for a few years now and it's annoyed me so much that I am seriously considering leaving. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Well thats how life goes, they won't price match other companies as none of them provide the same speed, its the joys of VM having literally no competition in the cable market, when you have a monopoly you can charge what you like, sure you can get a cheaper deal elsewhere but you're not going to get 200mbit downstream so VM price like they do, new customer deals are there to entice new customers to join, not to try and keep existing ones, i pay more than you just for broadband on its own but like i've said, i wont get 200mbit without any upstream STM for less anywhere else

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You could check your postcode and deals available for your area @ https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/compare/broadband_and_home_phone/

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

when the deal ends with any provider it will be over £40 with phone and internet and thats the truth

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
joshua_welby
Up to speed
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That package would cost £68 a month
0 Kudos
JenS
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm so fed up that I've left without even sourcing another provider - I don't want some great big package, as I don't have a TV and I don't want one.  I don't even need hyperfast broadband as I don't stream video - I just need reasonable speed broadband, end of.  Does anybody know if it's possible to sign up to another ISP using the Virgin cable installation?  It would seem only fair, in that every ISP provider has always been able to jump onto BT lines.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hiya @JenS no other ISP could be used via virginmedia cable system its completely independent from all other ISP's like BT/sky/plusnet etc.. when switching to broadband via the telephone line will not get the same sort of speeds offered by virginmedia.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
JenS
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul, but I don't have a phone line (my landlord has set things up so it is ridiculously expensive for me to get connected), just a VM cable connection. And I'm really not bothered about the speed, although I have to say that the VM speed was so rubbish that I was constantly eligible for refunds, with frequent loss of service, sometimes for several days. I guess I'll just have to chalk it up to experience.
0 Kudos