Menu
Stephena77
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Damaged external box

Hi,

I have recently taken up Virgin for my Cable TV and broadband.

I noticed that the brown cover for the external cabling has been damaged by recent storms and parts of the box have now fallen off.

Is this something that I can fix myself with a replacement or do I need to arrange for an engineer to fix? Also, would it affect the speed of the broadband, as I have been signed up to the Vivid 200, but have noticed quite slow speeds over the Christmas period.

Many thanks,

Stephen

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged external box

Stephena77 wrote:

I noticed that the brown cover for the external cabling has been damaged by recent storms and parts of the box have now fallen off. Is this something that I can fix myself with a replacement or do I need to arrange for an engineer to fix?
You would need to get an engineer appointment booked in, it would be an unattended appointment (no need to come into your home or for you to be home.) Call 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> Option 2 (Faults) -> Report a fault of any kind (TV or Broadband or phone), let any automated tests run. After they've ran and you're through to an agent, ask for an engineer appointment to be booked in regarding it.

Alternatively, ask via the Webchat using a laptop or desktop, between 8AM to 8PM, M-Sa. Select Broadband or TV or Phone then the fault option then Chat online. All agents busy? Hit the page reload button every three minutes repeatedly until you get through. Once through make the engineer request.

Though the favicon.png Forum Team here can book in an engineer appointment for it, their response times are about a week or so.

Also, would it affect the speed of the broadband, as I have been signed up to the Vivid 200, but have noticed quite slow speeds over the Christmas period.
Nope, that's just high demand over the festive period, Lots of people off from work using the services and their children mass downloading films, games, etc bought during the period. it should be settled down by now. If not, it will be looked into when a member of staff gets around to replying to your topic (week or so wait.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Stephena77
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your response, it is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post Stephena77,

I can certainly help to get this sorted for you.

I've sent you a private message so that we can arrange an engineer appointment.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos