Menu
mobilebloke
Tuning in
Message 31 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Cabs ignoring reports of open cabinets

HI all 

I have reported open cabinet in my street 4 times in the last 3 months.  The cabinet is never closed and never resolved.  Despite the fact that We have a Kelly Communications Virgin media van literally in the road every day ( assume an engineer lives in the road)

I don't understand what the point is of having the virgin media cabinet reporting line if no one does anything about it.  When it rains heavily I notice that the internet goes down - which I assume would have something to do with the cabinet being left open. 

I am currently planning to leave Virgin as soon as I can - just because despite having great technology- they just don't have any service- and don't seem to care about customers even when they take the time to report something to them. 

The most recent reference of the VM Cabs report is 29807489 - if anyone from the virgin team wants to follow up with them. but there are others few months back - which have also been ignored. 

Woudl be interested to see if any other london residents have had their reports acted on. 

0 Kudos
Digger1950
On our wavelength
Message 32 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Cabs ignoring reports of open cabinets

I had a similar event a year or two ago. The cabinet had a label inside with a phone number to ring if you found it open. The number was NOT AVAILABLE!! Trying to find a number to log a call was excruciating. Overseas didn't even understand what I was on about when I mentioned a street cabinet. In the end I rang the sales number to complain and they put me through to a technical team leader who took the details.

0 Kudos
JUANPABLO9
Joining in
Message 33 of 125
Flag for a moderator

OPEN DOOR ON GREEN CABINET

PLEASE ARRANGE TO CLOSE THE DOOR OF THE GREEN CABINET ON BARN LANE, SOLIHULL, WEST MIDLANDS, B92 7ND NEAR JUNCTION WITH LINCOLN ROAD NORTH. IT HAS STARTED FLAPPING OPEN.

THANK YOU

chriskooper
Joining in
Message 34 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disused street cabinet - VM cabs reference 27943782 (Corbet Place E1 London)

Dear Kath,

Several weeks have passed - there hasn't been any action at the broken/disused cabinet, and no reply/update here.

please could you give an idea of how to get some sort of response from Virgin Media on this?

many thanks

chris

0 Kudos
andyseaborne
Joining in
Message 35 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged/Vandalised Virgin Street Furniture

Shipley Road, Bristol, BS9 3HR

There seems to have been work recently in the cabinet. The cabinet doors weren't closed properly. There is a coax cable pushing open the doors so it is open the weather.

jo1123
Joining in
Message 36 of 125
Flag for a moderator

damaged green roadside box

Hi I would like to report a damaged green box ref number LWA 7030 its in Barley Ponds Rd Ware SG12 7EZ the doors are wide open, battered and twisted. they have been taped up several times by residents.

this should have been a simple process to report, but on your website it recommends calling you. it would be better if you gave out the right number because when you call the numbers given the options do not cover this issue!!!! and this site is not easy I have just wasted 30 mins having to register before reporting this.

Can the box be fixed asap its really dangerous

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 37 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disused street cabinet - VM cabs reference 27943782 (Corbet Place E1 London)

Hi chriskooper, 

Thanks for coming back to us here Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear that nothing has happened since reporting this. As it's a disused cabinet it's likely the priority is low as it's not dangerous and it's not being used. 

I've flagged this to the Moderators for them to re-raise this for you. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tina-b
Joining in
Message 38 of 125
Flag for a moderator

grey cabinet

Who do I contact regarding the grey box that has been put outside my house?

Tess-53
Tuning in
Message 39 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged cabinet box

Hi Virgin Media and everyone else!

Can you fix this below please! Can everyone highlight this for me please so Virgin Media can see this!

There is a damaged green street cabinet cable box right outside Gledhow Towers Tower Block, Leeds LS8 1QJ , West Yorkshire. It is located in front of the block as you go to the car park and the cabinet is lying on its side dented and live cables exposed. Kids are still denting the cabinet and possible injury is at risk here! Can someone please come out and repair it please! I have been reporting this to Virgin Media for over two months and its getting to the point where I am pulling my hair out!  I have contacted VM many times by phone and spoke to customer services  also rang the broken cabinet repair line and have a few reference numbers! Even the housing department have contacted VM. Two months is long enough! Come on now! Get your team out to this cabinet now! Before someone gets hurt please! 

Tess 

Message 40 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged cabinet box

Hi Tess-53, 

thank you for coming to us with this, and I'm sorry to hear that this is still causing an issue. 

I've checked and can see that we sent you a Private Message on 09/10/2017 asking for some further information. Once we have this information we'll be able to escalate things further for you.

To view your messages, look to the top right of this page and click on the purple envelope. 

Many thanks and apologies once again

0 Kudos