Menu
Martin08
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cut off

Why is it whenever I phone to downgrade my account or cancel my contract, I am then placed on hold then cut-off!  

Has Virgin Media really sunk this low to resort to these tactics?  It's really not the way to retain my business!

Love to hear from people who have complained about this.  Who is the ombudsman?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cut off

hiya @Martin08 virginmedia complaint code of practice can be view at -> http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic...
For TV, broadband, phone or mobile complaints:
CISAS, 70 Fleet Street,
London
EC4Y 1EU
0207 5203827
info@cisas.org.uk
www.cisas.org.uk

as for why you getting cut-off, could be issue with phone system, or agents trying to improve there call stats e.g. average call handling time, which virginmedia frown on very greatly.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Martin08
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Nobody has mentioned being transferred, I don't know where you have got that from.

I was placed on hold, several times, while your staff pretend to look for a better deal for me, once I tell them that I wish to downgrade or leave.  They then leave me on hold for between 10 to 15 mins before the line goes dead and there is no response from your end.  I have since spoken to another department who have told me that on each occasion my notes state that I hang up and they all tried to call me back......none of which is true.  I have no missed calls on my phone.

You don't have to look far on the web to see that I am not alone, therefore, you can keep your silly emojis, your customer service stinks.

Shame on you.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya @Martin08 virginmedia complaint code of practice can be view at -> http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic...
For TV, broadband, phone or mobile complaints:
CISAS, 70 Fleet Street,
London
EC4Y 1EU
0207 5203827
info@cisas.org.uk
www.cisas.org.uk

as for why you getting cut-off, could be issue with phone system, or agents trying to improve there call stats e.g. average call handling time, which virginmedia frown on very greatly.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin08, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are wanting to leave us Smiley Sad 

When calling, if you're needing to be transferred then this means you're pressing the buttons to the wrong option by mistake. 

When calling 150 / 0345 454 1111 select the options for Moving Home > Leaving Us. This will get you through to the team that can process any downgrades and cancellations. 

Before you do though, is there anything we can do to help you? 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Martin08
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Nobody has mentioned being transferred, I don't know where you have got that from.

I was placed on hold, several times, while your staff pretend to look for a better deal for me, once I tell them that I wish to downgrade or leave.  They then leave me on hold for between 10 to 15 mins before the line goes dead and there is no response from your end.  I have since spoken to another department who have told me that on each occasion my notes state that I hang up and they all tried to call me back......none of which is true.  I have no missed calls on my phone.

You don't have to look far on the web to see that I am not alone, therefore, you can keep your silly emojis, your customer service stinks.

Shame on you.

0 Kudos