Menu
Smudger64
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Customer service misinformation

Hi all upgraded last week to VIP service and was told by online chat salesperson that phone line rental was included in quoted price and if I took line saver rental I would reduce my monthly payments. Yesterday I called customer service as hadn't received any confirmation about prices and low and behold agent I spoke to was adamant line rental is not included and so wondering if any of you guys had upgraded and got line rental included?
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer service misinformation

Hi Smudger64

Many thanks for joining us on the community and a warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I appreciate you getting in touch with us about the offer you have had.

Our offer prices when quoted on the phones include all the charges you should be paying including the line rental.

I can see the offer you were quoted and this was advised including line rental so the 2nd agent you spoke to has advised incorrectly. My apologies about that and this will be fed back.

Additionally if you were to take out the Line Rental Saver on top of this, you would save money on the monthly cost quoted, a saving of a further £19 per month. The LRS is £196 and can be added at any time. Please be aware if you are looking to add the LRS onto the package this is refundable within the first 14 days if you change your mind but after this it is non-refundable.

Keep us posted if you need anything else Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Smudger64
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi I've checked my bill and although I upgraded to the VIP package and you said that phone line rental was included I am being charged for my phone line
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Smudger64,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you and sorry for any confusion caused by the billing of telephone line rental. As advised the prices we quote when offering new deals include the telephone line rental so although it's listed on the bill, the total monthly cost should be what you were offered and detailed in your confirmation email/letter.

Do let us know if you need any further help.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Smudger64
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I got told the situation had been resolved and adjusted but virgin still took all the money. I cannot believe what a shoddy department the customer care dept is. They tell you things are sorted and resolved but still they get it wrong and leave you out of pocket