Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 8 (1,573 Views)

Customer Service

Having been a Virgin Customer for years I must say I have been impressed up until now with the service i.e. not many faults or downtime.

However after seeing offers from other companies I today telephoned the retention team and was appalled at the attitude of the operator.  Firstly he said we've always been dearer than BT but went on to say how Virgin's service was better.  Then when I said OK if that's your attitude I may as well just change he asked for my password.  I never give out my full password and offered to give required digits.  His attitude was really unhelpful.

I then got a telephone ring back asking me to rate the service.  I pressed '1' indicating poor but this was not recognised and the survey concluded.

Virgin I have gone from a very satisfied customer to an extremely dis-satisfied customer in the space of half an hour.  Will now look to change provider for TV, Broadband and Telephone.  It seems that all efforts are made in recruiting new customers and little or no effort in retaining customers!

Accepted Solutions
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8 (3,132 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by bazzad
2 weeks ago

Re: Customer Service

I was promised a deal back in September. due to the problems with TiVo I was promised 2 V6 boxes free, my package price would go to the price it was when I had TiVo in, and I wouldn't have to pay installation costs. once the v6 boxes were out I phoned up and was told that they could not find this info. I explained it was a manager I spoke to. (well that is what he told me) to be told no I have not spoke to a manager, the best price was well more than it should of been, I would have to pay for the boxes, and installation, this went on for 6 weeks, trying to get the deal I promised, I got fed up and went to sky for the tv service there sky q is unreal well better quality, I get all channels, sports and movies for £41.60 a month. so I got a better deal. I received a email asking to fill in the survey, put disappointed and said why, at the end it states someone will be in touch regarding the negative feedback but still waiting. My rating of virginmedia is as follows

Managers 1*

Customer service 1*

TV service 3*

Broadband 5* (no one can beat this yet)

ceo team -2*

Retentions -4* ( due to the fact you can phone 8 times in the day and get different prices everytime, and if you say well the last person gave a better price oh well you cant have that deal anymore.)

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8 (3,133 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by bazzad
2 weeks ago

I was promised a deal back in September. due to the problems with TiVo I was promised 2 V6 boxes free, my package price would go to the price it was when I had TiVo in, and I wouldn't have to pay installation costs. once the v6 boxes were out I phoned up and was told that they could not find this info. I explained it was a manager I spoke to. (well that is what he told me) to be told no I have not spoke to a manager, the best price was well more than it should of been, I would have to pay for the boxes, and installation, this went on for 6 weeks, trying to get the deal I promised, I got fed up and went to sky for the tv service there sky q is unreal well better quality, I get all channels, sports and movies for £41.60 a month. so I got a better deal. I received a email asking to fill in the survey, put disappointed and said why, at the end it states someone will be in touch regarding the negative feedback but still waiting. My rating of virginmedia is as follows

Managers 1*

Customer service 1*

TV service 3*

Broadband 5* (no one can beat this yet)

ceo team -2*

Retentions -4* ( due to the fact you can phone 8 times in the day and get different prices everytime, and if you say well the last person gave a better price oh well you cant have that deal anymore.)

Just joined
Message 3 of 8 (1,296 Views)

I am quite upset with this company!!! any way to contact to them!! they supose to have a "on live chat" till 8pm and since 7,32 I am trying to chat with someone and no one is there, if I call is a nightmare!!!! Now the change the day of the payment without ask me!!! What they think they are???? There are many betters company in this country!!! Tomorrow morning I will try everything again!!!! And I will leave this company!! Be more proffessional!!!

Super solver
Message 4 of 8 (1,234 Views)

ycwkpp898 wrote:

That's because not all retentions agents have the same offers available, they are given to agents who keep the most customers, the better you do the more you are given to be able to sweet talk someone into staying, newer or not so amazing agents will have the basic deals.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 8 (929 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello ..
My name is Andrzej Kubiak my account nr.########## address ############ On April 10, I received this message,
A reminder we are coming today 1 pm-6pm: someone OVER 18 must be in. Fancy getting £ 50 credit on your account? Ask your Tech about "Refer a Friend". Virgin Media ,, that day I took the day off because I live alone and to date I have not received any information? I do not like how serious a company ignores claw ?? Can you explain if I should look for another internet provider ?? I will not wait any longer since Virgin does not respect the customers ..
Regards
Andrzej

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 8 (85 Views)

Why Customer service is not responding? Does it mean breaking up with me? Why are you ignoring me ?? It's sad, such a serious company ...

0 Kudos
Super solver
Message 7 of 8 (70 Views)

[ Edited ]

Well to be honest you weren't clear on what you wanted or even asked a quesiton, you only really talked about your experience you had.

I think the staff would speak to you if you asked them something or clearly said what it is you are expecting from them.

Not only that the thread has been marked solved also. So mods wouldn't really be looking.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8 (23 Views)

Hi Andrzej

Many thanks for getting in touch with us about the visit you had planned with us and a warm welcome to the forums too.

My apologies your earlier message was not picked up before. We are absolutely not breaking up with you Smiley Happy

I have taken a look at the account for you and I can see you called the teams about this recently and they have rebooked the installation in for you.

Please keep us posted on how this goes and let us know if we can help with anything else.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos