Menu
Flinch85
Just browsing
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Credit File needs to be amended

Due to a virgin media error similar to this case my credit rating is ruined:

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2012/may/25/credit-ratings-minor-errors-virigin-media

Every time I call customer service the insist that the only way to get credit files amended is to email the credit file amendment team. They then simply don't reply to the email. 

What can I do to get this amended? They absolutely insist they won't do it over the phone (after hours of trying) and then just ignore my emails.

This is costing me time and money due to their error. What can I do in this situation? It is so unfair I am being stone walled by them. I am having trouble renting a flat and the worst thing is it was THEIR error which they had already admitted to at the time.

please help,

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit amendment

Hi Flinch85,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear about the credit rating problems that you're experiencing.

If you don't hear anything back from the emails sent to the credit amendment team drop us a few details via the enquiry form here and one of the team will get in touch and take a look at this with you.

Kind Regards

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
JohnNewey
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem! I have a default listed on my Experian report through Virgin Media! I have spoken to accounts who tell me it is a mistake and I don't have any balance outstanding, I was then told that I could only contact the credit amendments team via email, I emailed over a week ago and have heard nothing, so I'm gonna fill in the form too! Have posted elsewhere on here, but starting to get really concerned! How can a company lil Virgin Media take such action without first notifying the customer?
0 Kudos
JohnNewey
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Okay, form sent-hope this can be sorted asap, I have a holiday to pay for and no credit card to pay with!
0 Kudos
sharon71
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi John could you tell me what form you sent to virgin media as im in the same situation with the default credit file.

Thanks Sharon

0 Kudos
sharon71
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ralph do you have a form I could fill out for virgin credit amendments please.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sharon71, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are in the same boat as the OP. 

I have sent you a private message with the information you need to contact the team Smiley Happy

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sharon71
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou kath F I got the number you sent, Il keep you updated.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sharon71,

That's great news. 

Please do keep us updated. I really hope you manage to get everything sorted out. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sharon71
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath F, I phoned that number you give me and the guy said he would pass on the information and the emails I sent, so fingers crossed thanks again x
0 Kudos