Menu
Stellavision
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cooling off period

I am one of probably many jumping ship from Sky right now and have recently signed up for the Virgin VIP package.
I have concerns that I may not like the transition but have been led to believe that I have a cooling off period of 14 days after install (install date is 11th Feb) to cancel and return the equipment. However, I just received a docusign contract which states that I have the right to cancel within 14 days of placing the order, which is before my install date.
Can anyone confirm what my rights are to cancel should I need to?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cooling off period

It's both.

Your legal right to cancel is 14 days from contract order. Virgin Media also offer an additional 14 day Money Back Guarantee from the date of install / activation.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's both.

Your legal right to cancel is 14 days from contract order. Virgin Media also offer an additional 14 day Money Back Guarantee from the date of install / activation.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Stellavision
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Great. Thank you
0 Kudos
merlin1972
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The additional 14 day Money Back Guarantee from the date of install / activation. Does this also cancel the contract?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi merlin1972,

Thanks for your post.

If you call us within 14 days of install and want to cancel then this will cancel the contract.  If you want to cancel an upgrade/downgrade within 14 days then everything will go back to how it was before the change.

Our Money Back Guarantee (MBG) goes beyond our legal obligations. It means you have peace of mind that when you buy or take a new service from us, you can put things back to the way they were before you joined or added that service with no cost to you.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Elaine

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos