Menu
Rickoza
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Contracts

Hi

I recently moved hose and was told afterwards when phoning about another issue that I am now tied to another 12 month contract.  Anyway, I then downgraded my services and have received a new contract through e-mail to sign and be tied into another new 12 month contract.  It does mention the 14-day cooling off period, if I don't sign would I be free to leave Virgin Media, cancel all my services, and that would the end of it?  I find it disconcerting that each and everytime you make a change of any sort (so it seems) a whole new 12-month contract suddenly springs up.  The moving house one annoyed me, I keep the services but because I change address I'm out of pocket!  Any help/advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contracts

You would revert to the contract you started when you moved house.

If you could do what you want to do, everyone who wanted out would just start a new contract and then cancel within 14 days.

You have to meet any contract's minimum contract period.

0 Kudos
Rickoza
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That's fine, I suspected that.  Just can't understand why every single change means a new 12 month contract, think that's wrong.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Because when you make an agreement, that agreement is for a 12 month contract. You have agreed to those services for 12 months.

If you then change your mind and want to change your package, VM could in turn just say no, and have you stick to the original agreement for the remainder of its duration. They give you some flexibility but it is always with a new contract/minimum term when you change the terms of what you want.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos