Menu
chrissyt
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Contract

I've had an email to sign a new contact with Virgin Media via Docu Sign, first of all is this genuine? and secondly if I don't sign, what will happen?, thirdly and finally, how long does this contract last for?

Kind regards

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Contract

It is a genuine email - Virgin Media now use Docu Sign in place of paper contracts

The minimum term of the contract will be detailed on the page linked from the email, which will have all details of the contract you are signing.

In regards to not signing it, then nothing in particular will happen. Your new services will still be installed and / or activated. The contract is for you to confirm you're agreeing to the pricing and changes that triggered the contract.

If you don't actively sign it but use the services that the contract delivers, it does still count after a period of time that you're accepting the contract and associated terms.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It is a genuine email - Virgin Media now use Docu Sign in place of paper contracts

The minimum term of the contract will be detailed on the page linked from the email, which will have all details of the contract you are signing.

In regards to not signing it, then nothing in particular will happen. Your new services will still be installed and / or activated. The contract is for you to confirm you're agreeing to the pricing and changes that triggered the contract.

If you don't actively sign it but use the services that the contract delivers, it does still count after a period of time that you're accepting the contract and associated terms.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

1. Yes

2. VM will not supply services, or may just continue to. VM will treat use of services as acceptance of the contract. That is a basic principle of English contract law.  Use implies acceptance of the published terms and the contract is then enforceable by both sides.

3. For ever. You are never out of contract with VM. What changes is that the minimum service period during which you will pay an early termination fee if you leave or downgrade ends and the contract becomes one which simply rolls over every 30 days with 30 days notice required to leave.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
chrissyt
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your all replies in I found helpful xx

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I should also add that there is only one contract in English law that has to be "evidenced" in writing. In other words signed. That is a contract for the disposition of land - what the Americans would call "real" estate.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Laurarara
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am editing this message as I've raised it as a new concern. 

0 Kudos