Menu
PeteMead
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Contract type

Hi My contract expires in March and I am looking at possibly upgrading to the V6 box. The pricing seems to be based upon what package you have, where can I find this information and what is the VIP package?

I have tried the upgrade link in my account but only get the message I cannot upgrade online.

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract type

Hi @PeteMead

The initial V6  box on VIP bundles is currently £49.95 with a £14.99 activation fee.

If the offer is not available online (it should be) give the team a call when you have time, and they'll be able to arrange an installation.

James

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
PeteMead
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok I have been in contact with VM regarding renewing my contract and they are quoting me an increase in price from the £128 I pay now as I have asked for a V6 box, whilst I can understand the increase for this I am not happy they are insisting on the £49.95 for the box when new customers get the first box free. Also the identical package I am on is offered for £98 on the website including a V6 box but I am being told this is for new customers only.

Deeply disappointed they do not seem interested in trying to keep their existing customers, looks like I may have to start looking at others.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeteMead, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

New Customer offers are not available to existing customers as you would of had an introductory offer when you first joined. 

Any package available to new customers is available to existing customers without the introductory offer though so if you are being quoted more than this, your package must be slightly different. 

The one off box cost is payable by all customers looking to upgrade their service. If you upgrade to the VIP Package then you would get a second V6 box for free if that helps Smiley Happy

Let us know what you decide to do. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
PeteMead
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

I contacted VM direct and have now been offered a much better deal than previously along with 2 V6 boxes. Engineer booked for installation in a weeks time.

0 Kudos