Menu
RyanK1992
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Contract renewed without my knowledge!

I'm really frustrated at this and cannot get anywhere!

My contract was supposed to end in the beginning of April

When the price increased, I phoned to cancel and I was given a monthly discount until february which would cancel off the price increase which I accepted.

On the 20th October, I phoned again to just cancel as the wifi range was absolutely shocking and the hub was pretty unusable. The advisor on the phone said they would credit my account with £50 as a goodwill gesture and give me a set of power line adapters to help (Which never arrived btw). Later on that evening I noticed my bill was showing as £220. I contacted the live chat the following day and was told it was an error and to ignore it, everything was fine.

So fast forward to today and i've been given a great deal for Sky Fibre as it's now available in my area. Sky were also willing to cover the cancellation charge for my broadband. However, I'm now being told I renewed my contract on the 20th October and that my new cancellation date is 19/10/17 for my broadband and my phone contract still ends in April ; my loyalty discounts still end in April for the broadband so it's clear I haven't entered into a new contract otherwise these would clearly continue to the October.

Any advice would be great!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract renewed without my knowledge!

Hi RyanK1992, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the issues you have faced recently. This doesn't happen very often and we're really keen to get things put right. 

Checking the account I can see that since posting you have made an official complaint, and this has been resolved. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know.

Apologies once again. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos