Menu
Bates
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Contract issues

I did not recieve a letter, stating my services were going up, I have been trying for 2 days to change my contract or cancel it, since you have put your prices up. I had a 18 month contract £21.98 for first 12 months then £34,49.

They refused to talk to me unless I paid till December. Do you have to pay to talk to you call centre???

I have been informed today this payment is now £47. the attitute of your telephone staff is unacceptable. I enquired about the 50 mb 12 month Fixed Price contract for £25.00 a month advertised on Facebook, The stated that was for new customers only.

I was then told I am being charged for 70mb, because there is no 50mb and everycustomer has that now.

BIT MISLEADING. I understood you could cancel your contract after 12 months because of price rises. I have been told I can do this at a cost.

Could someone tell me what is going on, as I cant afford to pay £47, What rights do I have.

They said they will offer me a contract, for 12 months, but that was expensive and would they be putting up prices again, so its still the same

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Contract issues

if all that happened today then you got offshore which can always get interesting results - again if it was today you need to start again with retentions in the UK

if it was the UK people you contacted then ring them again - things can change on a daily basis or by simply speaking to another agent

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

if all that happened today then you got offshore which can always get interesting results - again if it was today you need to start again with retentions in the UK

if it was the UK people you contacted then ring them again - things can change on a daily basis or by simply speaking to another agent

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
Bates
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, will do that first thing tomorrow to make sure its the UK
Appreciated your help. I had to pay £27 before they would discuss anything, I didnt think they was allowed to do that
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bates

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the contract issues, and a warm welcome to the community.

I can see that you did speak to the team rearding the options you have yesterday which is great Smiley Happy I'm glad to see you were able to sort things out in order to speak to them.

The only reason we would ask to take a payment before you can speak to our teams in retentions is if there is a balance brought frowards from the previous month and there was a restriction in place as a result of this. If that is the case, then before we can make any changes or look at the package options for customers, we have to take a payment. This then allows us to look into those options and then make active changes for customers if that is what they want us to do.

Please let us know if there is anything else that you would like us to look into for you and we'll do anything we can to support you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Bates
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have been on the phone now for over 2 hours now and still getting no where. I have been passed from Pillar to post. I have spoken to Swansea, Halifax and India, Now I have 3 different prices. £41, £47, £49.

They also keep telling me I owe £47 because, my payments are behind not in front. Now speaking to Chris in Swansea, and he says £50.

I have been informed to cancel my contract will be £150.now its £250. Now they are telling me they are charging me for a late payment, because it was rejected because virgin put my payment up from £27 to £47, without telling me.

This is the 5th Person I have spoken to now I have been for over 3 hours.

They are now cutting me off

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bates.

I appreciate this has been a concerning time for you and understand you want this sorted out.

In order to deal with the billing query you do have to speak either to Webchat or to Customer Care on the phones via 150 or 0345 454 1111 as the teams do need to clear security with you for this kind of issue to be discussed.

The kind of pricing leap you have mentioned above is generally associated with an offer you may have had with us ending, eg 12 months discount.

We do not contact customers when their offers are expiring. We only contact to notify of a general price change that affects all customers. If you have taken a deal with us where the services are at a reduced rate for a certain period of time we would expect you to contact us to renegotiate this if this is possible after the offer has finished. It may be that you have had a new customer offer which are generally 12 months discounted and then 6 months full price on an 18 months contract. That too can be looked at if the offer you now have is not one that suits your needs.

Please just get in touch with the teams one more time and see if they can give you a comprehensive breakdown of what is owed , what you need to pay and how they can help get this sorted for you.

Keep us posted and kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
jonco42
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cancel at end of your contract then reapply as a new customer. Do that for every contract and it will be far cheaper.
0 Kudos