Menu
Manny37
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Contract help - disgraceful service

I really need advice please! We were with sky for 15 years & left to come to virgin after we were offered tv, internet & phone for £52 last November. We had to chase virgin as we never rcvd a contract or confirmation details. We rcvd an apology & were sent a contract only to find it was £73.50 a month! On ringing virgin we were theb informed app they could'nt give us a landline (yet they were supposed to be taking it over from sky) and bcos we weren't using their phone services we would have to pay more!! After 1 1/2 hours of my husband arguing on the phone they agreed it was their error & they would honour the 52 a month until a phone line became free. We were told to keep an eye on the bill & if it was more than the 52 to contact them & they would sort it. I checked the bank yesterday to see they had taken 161.99!! Another call to virgin where we were told that app we were never offered a 52 a month contract & basically as we had nothing in writing or by email (they input the email address incorrectly) it was our word against theirs & basically accused of lying as that has never been an offer?! After arguing again that we were def told 52 & were told they would honour that price, the agent advised he had raised a case/complaint & a manager would call back by the end of the day. Surprise surprise nearly 24 hours later & still no call back. I'm disgusted in the service that we have received as newcomers & will nor be going back to sky unless Virgin sort out their error.
Has anyone else experienced this before or any advice! Thank you
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract help - disgraceful service

Firstly, billing issues cannot be resolved via the forum as they need you to pass certain DPA checks in order to help, secondly, remember that the first bill is for 2 months plus any installation charges so even assuming they honoured the £52 contract your first bill would be a minimum of £104, all we can advise is that you keep on at them to try and get it sorted, failing that you can always escalate it as per their complaints procedure http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/our-codes-of-practice.html

0 Kudos
Manny37
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I have posted on here after receiving no call back & we are having to use our mobiles each time we call for over an hour. I was hoping maybe someone from the team may see this & finally call me back. Yes we were expecting a £104 bill, so over 160 was a shock. I will escalate to a complaint. Thank you for the link.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Manny37, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us even if things are less than perfect so far Smiley Sad 

I'm really sorry to hear you've been having an issue with your services and billing. 

Checking the account I can see that someone has tried to be in touch with you the last few days but not had any luck so have left a voicemail instead. 

Rather than waiting for the third and final call, give the team another call on 150 / 0345 454 1111. They will be able to go through the billing with you to confirm what you want service wise. 

From what I can gather, the previously mentioned £52 deal isn't available as you've not got a landline. As this wasn't on the original order either we're not able to honour it. If you had ordered the landline and the issue had been found, then we would of been able to honour it. 

Once again, I am sorry but give the team a call and keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Manny37
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi kath, Virgin have tried to call us once a few days ago & as my husband was unable to answer the call they left a voicemail saying they would ring again - nothing yet.

When we signed up we specifically asked for our landline to be transferred over from sky & were told virgin would contact sky & arrange this. Whoever set this up for us obv didn't do it correctly & we lost our landline & then are told there is no space?? We have done nothing wrong yet seem to be being painted as it is our fault & we didn't request a landline!! This is not good enough!
0 Kudos
Manny37
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry my husband has just advised me Virgin have attempted twice.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us about this Manny37,

Really sorry for any inconvenience experienced with this.

I've checked the account and can see that you've since spoken with the team to get this sorted.

Let us know if we can help with anything more.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos