Menu
goldsilvy
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Contract finished, yet still receive bills for the 13th month

Hi Team Virgin Media Community,

I have checked my account upon contract completion.

The contract finished on 6th Aug, yet I can see in My Bills an invoice for 7 Aug - 6 Sep.

I have previously contacted one of your colleagues via chat, and was informed this is a mistake, and in fact I am due £30+.

That was before 6 Aug. Now that we have 7th, I can still see that bill for the period stated above. I paid previous bills via direct debit, and it appears the bill will be paid on 16th Aug. Your colleague informed not to cancel the direct debit, as that will be done automatically by Virgin Media. Otherwise I risk getting into Collections department, even though technically I am not even supposed to be paying that bill...

In short - I just want to make sure my bank account won't be billed for the 13th month.

Happy to provide copy of the chat log from discussion I had last week.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract finished, yet still receive bills for the 13th month

Did you give 30 days notification to cancel your account, since once your contract expires services don't just stop you go onto a 30 day rolling service/contract I would be having a chat with customer relations choosing 1-4-5 via 150 / 0345 454 1111
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
goldsilvy
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I have given one.

Spoke to some Indian chap. Can't recall his name though. He assured me my contract will be cancelled. The call took place in early July.

Happy to PM account number for one of the Virgin Media Community representatives to have a look?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The superuers aren't official virginmedia staff, plus doubt the forum admin will be able to do much due to issues of data protection.. I would be calling back for confirmation
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
goldsilvy
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah, I see. Will give them a call then.

Was hoping I could avoid that, as getting through takes ages.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi goldsilvy,

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry there has been a mix up with your account.  Were you able to give us a call back as paultechy suggested? 

I hope you've managed to get this straightened out, if not please let us know and we'll be happy to take a look.

Kind regards

Elaine

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos